Transmission "clunk".

snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
Ive noticed ever since i got my r3t the trans has some loud shifts especially 1st to 2nd. If i make that shift quickly at low rpm or wind it out alot, its quieter. Are these transmissions normally like this? It does have 33000 miles on it. It occasionally pops out of first into neutral when first engaging, but rarely. I expect ill have to do the detent spring at some point along with the clutch.

I found another thread here after i posted this one. Ill get a pic of the cable adjustment. What are the specs on that?

Grab the cable at top right before adjuster knob and pull away from clutch handle, warp9 taught me this method, 2.8mm shifts like butter but may clunk sometimes for whatever reason but its how easy is it to find neutral, that should be flawless, smooth, and not hard to find neutral, that normally tells me clutch is out, needs adjusment when neutral is hard to find

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 46
20210104_091132_HDR.jpg
20210104_091138_HDR.jpg

Dont know if this tell you anything. My clutch engages about 1/3 of the way out.

Here are the service manual instructions. When you adjust the free play make sure to measure it. 2-3mm isn't much more than a couple of RCHs put together.
1609892468303.png

bob

20210104_091132_HDR.jpg
20210104_091138_HDR.jpg

Dont know if this tell you anything. My clutch engages about 1/3 of the way out.
Pull out on top cable like i did in picture so we can see gap created by pulling on sheath away from clutch handle. And shoot the picture while pulling on cable. Look at gap in my picture when pulling

Pull out on top cable like i did in picture so we can see gap created by pulling on sheath away from clutch handle. And shoot the picture while pulling on cable. Look at gap in my picture when pulling
I do it but i can tell you theres almost none.

Back