Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Very disappointed to find that I have to buy the "touring seat" to be able utilize the riders backrest which adds up to a lot of money real fast. Not sure why Triumph didn't just put the "touring" seat on the "Touring" Rocket and give you the option of adding or leaving off the backrest. Guess that is the price you pay for getting all the extra options free that you used to have to pay for.

The problem I have with it is that I am going to have a brand new touring (regular) seat that I will probably not be able to sell and it will just gather dust in my motorcycle shed.

Dennis

backrest

Mine came with the backrest, along with a lot of other stuff when I bought it new.
I did not know that Triumph stopped doing that.
If you have not bought your new Touring yet maybe you can negotiate a better seat with backrest into the deal?

I'll have to check out the Utopia backrests...I had them on both of my Gold Wings, don't remember how adjustable they were. I know the Triumph one is adjustable.

Dennis

My 2013 did not come with the backrest. So, I now have an extra seat. Maybe I will use it to have a reaaly comfy seat made:D. I do love the backrest though and the seat is slowly breaking in.

When I was on R&R from Afghanistan I stopped by D&D Cycles (my local Triumph dealer) and did take a picture of the list of accessories that were now part of the original load out on the new 2010 R3T's. So you guys were not mistaken, back then, when you said you got that long haul seat with backrest back then.

Apparently now you do not get the highway pegs, headlight visor, the long haul seat with backrest, drilled oval mirrors, pannier embellishment kit, the pannier rails and the rear fender rail.

Now you get the Q/R luggage rack, sissy bar, sissy bar pad, front and rear crash (I mean...ahem...dresser) bars, roadster screen and the auxiliary lamps. So it appears they took away (at 2010 prices) around $1,109.91 worth of accessories but they did add the rear dresser bars (unless they were standard on the 2010's).

Dennis

Back