Touring pack

Skeel

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Rocket 3 Touring
Finally got around to making a bracket to mount a 2005 Harley touring pack to my 09 r3t. If anyone has a harley pack or is interested in getting one, let me know. I can post the bracket dimensions and the print for the arms I made. This all mounts into the stock quick disconnect passenger backrest
20190208_130400.jpg
20190208_130353.jpg
20190208_130230.jpg

I like that but I am really interested in the fairing and how it is mounted. Did you increase front springs when you installed it?

bob

I like that but I am really interested in the fairing and how it is mounted. Did you increase front springs when you installed it?

bob
I don't think they are. That came with the bike when I bought it. Not sure if it's a quadzilla or not. Never did figure that out.

I don't think they are. That came with the bike when I bought it. Not sure if it's a quadzilla or not. Never did figure that out.

Can you post some pics of the fairing mounting? I am really looking at getting one for my Touring but not sure if I want to mount it hard or use the quick release stuff.

bob

Will do. It's super easy to mount and remove. Give me just a bit and I'll get some up

You may want to check what the load bearing capacilty of the factory QR Sissy bar with locks is. Manufacturers usually underrate but that is potentially a lot of mass, leverage and wind loading on a non bolted system.
It may be covered here.
https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9758067-EN.pdf

I have one here and had a quick look at the mechanism before I wrapped and taped it all up with half a roll for shipping some time and do not feel inclined to unpack it for pics. @Mittzy may know.

QUICK RELEASE SISSY BAR - CHROME A9758067

upload_2019-2-9_8-9-7.png

Looks good, but now you're gonna have ta paint your bike to match the tour pack.

You may want to check what the load bearing capacilty of the factory QR Sissy bar with locks is. Manufacturers usually underrate but that is potentially a lot of mass, leverage and wind loading on a non bolted system.
It may be covered here.
https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9758067-EN.pdf

I have one here and had a quick look at the mechanism before I wrapped and taped it all up with half a roll for shipping some time and do not feel inclined to unpack it for pics. @Mittzy may know.

QUICK RELEASE SISSY BAR - CHROME A9758067

upload_2019-2-9_8-9-7.png
Yah I thought about fabbing an entire new mounting system to account for the weight but I ended up saying hell with it. I'll update if it flies off at 85mph

Back