09 Touring cone filters

Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket iii Touring
Was a pain but I put cone filters on my 09 Touring. Just made my own custom exhaust 3 into 1 with wrap. Now the air cones are on I have an engine light warning. Comments, thoughts or fixes?

My TuneECU?
Freeware on line to read the ECU brain of your bike and change fuel mapping etc for retuning with modified engine or exhaust, filter changes etc. and switch on and off functions and settings for radiator fans etc, etc.
All menu driven with dials for tacho etc. Allows you to adjust and balance throttle bodies and check fault light codes and reset etc etc.
All it costs is the $20-30 price of an Lonelec cable from either your phone or laptop to the bikes ECU .

Freeware on line to read the ECU brain of your bike and change fuel mapping etc for retuning with modified engine or exhaust, filter changes etc. and switch on and off functions and settings for radiator fans etc, etc.
All menu driven with dials for tacho etc. Allows you to adjust and balance throttle bodies and check fault light codes and reset etc etc.
All it costs is the $20-30 price of an Lonelec cable from either your phone or laptop to the bikes ECU .
where do I get that cable and where do I plug it in on my 09 Touring?

If you are running stock tune in your now modified bike with more air in and out you will be running very, very lean now as the the stock tune for the Rocket III Touring is already very lean and tuned for reduced HP and max high torque at 2500rpm.
Stock R3Tourings put out 100 or less RWHP stock but with a good exhaust and cone filters should easily have 145 RWHP with more fuel and a free map to suit available online or from the forum thread here.

The engine in R3Ts and Roadsters is the same and Roadsters have 144HP stock at crank and about 120 RWHP they too benfit from the same upgrade as your to about 145 HP at RW and if decent headers are fitted will reach 160 RWHP as will your R3T with similar set up.

Here is a who;le new world for you to explore.
Start reading the sticky threads and then follow the theme.

The links to the Tune ECU downloads are here and have been around for over 15 years now so nearly all models and exhaust upgrade levels etc have suitable versions. Many here online will assist and have done it many times before. A lot of threads have model specific and option upgrades to match or suit your existing or future needs.
If you do not find an offer for a cable they are available cheap generic from eBay or expensive brand name from IT suppliers. There are difgferent grades of cable quality but even the cheap ones seem to work for most users.
Google is your friend:
'LONELEC cable for Triumph ECU'
'TUNEECU for Triumph Rocket III Touring'

Here is a who;le new world for you to explore.
Start reading the sticky threads and then follow the theme.

The links to the Tune ECU downloads are here and have been around for over 15 years now so nearly all models and exhaust upgrade levels etc have suitable versions. Many here online will assist and have done it many times before. A lot of threads have model specific and option upgrades to match or suit your existing or future needs.
If you do not find an offer for a cable they are available cheap generic from eBay or expensive brand name from IT suppliers. There are difgferent grades of cable quality but even the cheap ones seem to work for most users.
Google is your friend:
'LONELEC cable for Triumph ECU'
'TUNEECU for Triumph Rocket III Touring'
WILCO, thanks

Back