Nice write up, I'm front 1156 indicators away from being full LED now myself, they really are much more visible than old school bulbs!!

A total worth it mod.

Absolutely, and less power use as well. I have a much bigger margin now to rock both heated grips and heated gloves at th same time, for instance, with everything LED.

The Custom Dynamics 1.8 inch 48-led clusters are great for the indicators, the 24 that are used for turn signals on my two-color ones are plenty and the full 48 in amber should be really good, for people who don't want to have to do all this extra wiring.

Putting LED's in reflectors can have weird outcomes, for instance how my original tail light now looks almost segmented because there are only 26 leds in that "bulb". A flat circle of 48 of them however give a nice uniform shine.

Probably going to have to revisit the stock tail light some way eventually. I'd rather not replace the whole thing, I like how it looks. But, that's an option, get a stock Triumph LED tail light for some other newer bike model (Thunderbird or some such) and retrofit it onto this fender, should be doable.

There are some really nice 1157 direct replacements that work, it's the route I went. Has CREE bulbs facing directly behind as the brake light and six less intense side facing bulbs that hit the reflector for the running light. I linked them somewhere on the forum, from Amazon, like $25 for two of them.

I went with custom dynamics license plate frame with integrated plate light, turn signals, and run/brake on it. That paired with the 1156 LEDs in the saddle bags as turn signals. Gives me high and low mounted turns and high and low mounted brake light, so no excuse if people don't see it.

For the front I'll be replacing the stock signals with wrapped LEDs just under the bottom triple tree, and using the amber halos in my headlights as run/turn, so same deal, both high and low mount turn signals up front.

As a project IV been considering some two foot long LED modules under the bike, attached and hidden to the oil pan to make my left/right glow under the bike at night as turn signals, impossible to not see for cars. Maybe dual element white/amber with white as running lights and amber as blinkers, not sure yet.

Back