To Wave or Not to Wave

I always stop for any bike on the side of the road. Only time I've broken down (broken throttle cable) half a a dozen Harleys all stopped individually to see if they could help. In fact, the only one 'bike' didn't stop or slow down was scooter - probably too embarrassed. On my way to Nabiac I stopped to change some clothes and a Harley rider slowed to check I was OK. Just how it should be.

you know i had never really though about it when i came around a 90 degree corner and met 2 of them. while i was thing about it they waved to me i just nodded cause i was in the corner. big change from my younger years when one got out of the car with a arm load of ticket books. 3000 rpm dumped clutch,covered him with rocks. it is a good thing they didn't catch me that day.
if were broke down we hang a handkerchief on the mirror to get help. i suppose if you were desperate you could use your underwear.:D
herman

Many years ago me and a mate were returning home from a very wet (and muddy) week away riding. I was on my 750 Bonnie and Marty (RIP) was on his 650 Thunderbird. We rounded a corner into a small country town and were confronted by 40 or 50 motorcycle coppers. They must have been doing some sort of wet-weather rider training. We had consumed mind altering substances earlier that day ( as we did back then) i nearly had a f#ckin heart attack .. needless to say we didn't wave :eek:

TC,
Folks what have known me over the years have always referred to me as a wild boy. You make me feel tame and mellow in comparison. Back in the 70s I coulda been one of those . . .:eek:

I raced through my younger years - not too much road. I have had several patched "magnet" buddies, who over the years have sadly have departed. You remind me much of them.

I prefer not to wave at other motors; but, will ALWAYS return one. Usually I NEED both hands!:D

How is your niece doing?
1olbull

We're spending the day with Cheree today , off to the beach for a picnic :eek: .. poor little bugger just got back from down south , said her goodbyes to her best friend from Uni. She goes in to start chemo tomorrow.. docs are hoping it will offer her some relief. What we can do in the following weeks will depend on how she deals with the chemo .. knocked her around in the past. See how we go i guess. Thanks for asking mate.

We're spending the day with Cheree today , off to the beach for a picnic :eek: .. poor little bugger just got back from down south , said her goodbyes to her best friend from Uni. She goes in to start chemo tomorrow.. docs are hoping it will offer her some relief. What we can do in the following weeks will depend on how she deals with the chemo .. knocked her around in the past. See how we go i guess. Thanks for asking mate.

TC,
Please tell Cheree that a whole bunch of your Mates here on the R3Owners.net are pulling, praying and doing what they can spiritually on her behalf.
1olbull

Back