To Wave or Not to Wave

I wave at cops, they wave back.
This remind me of a funny situation that happened to me 2 years ago on our way to Maggie Valley, we stopped for the night in Memphis, next morning when we took off again Skip and Lonzol and another guys, can,t remember who they were, stayed back to check something and told us to take off and they would catch up.
We rode just below the speed lomit waiting for them to catch up, 5 minutes later i see a bunch of motorcycle lights in the mirror and i figured it was them so i signaled with my hand to takr the lead a few times and we slowed down some, without looking i just waved at all of them since they were riding pretty close together, they waved buck but no Skip or the other guys, it was a fleet of motorcycle cops:eek::eek:, my wife saw that and laughed at me:mad:

I waved at a cop once. He did a u turn and followed me most of the way home; ruined a good ride. Most I do now is give em a nod if they pull up next to me at lights.

I would wave
I usually wave to all bikers with my whole hand and then modify it down to one finger if they don't wave back as they pass
Guess which finger

That's pretty much exactly what I do.:)

As for the OP, just curious, why would you not wave at a cop? I always do and they, pretty much always, wave back.

I wave at them. Muskegon Michigan (the general area where I live) is a big motorcycle town (mostly Harleys but hey). We have the pro hill climb here every other year and now Muskegon Bike Time (Google it !) Last year 60,000 bikes, 100,000 people. Anyway, a LOT of the cops ride bikes and are generally very cool about things like loud pipes and riding like an idiot, so it's not a bad idea to be friends with them ;)

I was working in surfers paradise today just parked up on the esplanade looking out over the ocean on this beautiful day when this cop pulled over this car with his siren going off .i watched this cop for a while as he was only 3metres in front of me. He was really giving these people a gob full .then he ripped of there number plates he got them of in10 seconds flat. He noticed I was taking an interest in what he was doing .he walked over to me and i said to him you've had plenty of practice getting them off you got them of quick .we were just having a conversation when he said that they had been driving without registration and no insurance for four months I was surprised as it was an expensive looking car . Just a cop doing his job

yea,
I wave at everybody on 2 wheels,
and if they're on the side of the road, I stop.
I don't care what kind of bike it is, I stop.
They may need help, or their phone don't work or something,
either way, it's better to let them tell you they're just stretching their legs,
than wonder if you left somebody stranded you could have helped.
That's what the freedom of riding is really all about to me,
the community, the brotherhood of riding..
the thing we have in common is 2 wheels,
and no matter what kind of bike it is, I can relate to that.

Back