To the OZ shipping Go Figure ?????

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
14 R3 Tourer, 19Indian Chieftain ,20 Vstrom
Yesterday I shipped a couple of parts off to Brisbane. The customer paid shipping at his end using FedEx. The total price for 4KG was 119 AU which works out to $93.28 USD. If I had paid at this end the price would have been $305.00 USD. About 18 months ago we were in Ireland, and I was looking at a popular Samsung phone (A50). It had all the same features that their most up-to-date here had. The difference was that they paid about 40% of what the USA version was. Did I ask the lady why? She said because they know the Americans will pay more. I guess the same holds true with shipping.
One other thing I went back to the postal rates page and used the actual weight and package size. It would have been more than I had been originally quoted with approx. weight & size.

Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS, PX150
Freight costs have skyrocketed since the pandemic began.
often, the freight costs as much or more than the item you’re trying to buy.

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
14 R3 Tourer, 19Indian Chieftain ,20 Vstrom
Anything I have to buy out of the US, freight sucks. This changed before covid 19.
I agree. We were in Ireland before Covid. Sent a few things home. He'll of shock to the wallet. Been in Oklahoma to long.

Neville Lush

www.nevillelushracing.com
Ride
Speed Triple 1050 Dirt Track sidecar,H2750Roadrace sidecar W800 Kawasaki
I was getting certain size box from US, expedited freight for $35-40 , then suddenly it was $75 for the same box. At the same time the rules for sending stuff to US was changed, takes me a good ten minutes to fill out all the forms etc, special clearances needed for mundane stuff.

Paul Bryant

Living Legend
Ride
2006 Rocket
Yep, it's just stupid.
Late last year I went down to the post shop to send off one box to the U.K. another to the U.S.A.
Normally this would have been NZ$350-400.
It cost NZ$880 !
I said nope ! and took them home and have been battling with shipping rates since.

It's just a rort ! The Corporates have seen an opportunity to fleece us all, and are doing so !

Martin-Brighton-uk

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster in Red Haze; Honda Blackbird
Oh this is so true and exactly what I was looking at this morning. I'm after a rear RH chrome trim T2306020, i find one on the bay, price is good, $24 but it's located in the US. I work for a US company and my colleagues are located in the US, sure I can buy it and have it shipped to a colleague, then they can do the international shipping bit. But USPS is SOO expensive, would work out shipping would be double the cost of the item.

Does anyone know a cheaper method to get that item from US to UK. Was thinking in a jiffy bag or suitable cardboard box (prob 4"x4"x16" weighing what, all of 1lb)? Any other couriers or service that I can pay this end? It shouldn't matter about customs in UK, my buddy can repackage it and mark it as a nil value gift.

(Also am not going to use company postroom, although the idea did flick through my mind; I'm not going to get myself and another fired for being real cheap)

Frans

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket roadster
i'm using an US forwarding service company to get stuff from US over to Europa, as they ship a lot they have better rates then i can get personally. They will assign a US address to your account so that the seller can ship it to that address and they will forward it to your EU address. They also handle all the vat/import tax etc so no add. payment need to be made when the parcel arrives at your place