To the OZ shipping Go Figure ?????

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Yesterday I shipped a couple of parts off to Brisbane. The customer paid shipping at his end using FedEx. The total price for 4KG was 119 AU which works out to $93.28 USD. If I had paid at this end the price would have been $305.00 USD. About 18 months ago we were in Ireland, and I was looking at a popular Samsung phone (A50). It had all the same features that their most up-to-date here had. The difference was that they paid about 40% of what the USA version was. Did I ask the lady why? She said because they know the Americans will pay more. I guess the same holds true with shipping.
One other thing I went back to the postal rates page and used the actual weight and package size. It would have been more than I had been originally quoted with approx. weight & size.

Freight costs have skyrocketed since the pandemic began.
often, the freight costs as much or more than the item you’re trying to buy.

I was getting certain size box from US, expedited freight for $35-40 , then suddenly it was $75 for the same box. At the same time the rules for sending stuff to US was changed, takes me a good ten minutes to fill out all the forms etc, special clearances needed for mundane stuff.

Yep, it's just stupid.
Late last year I went down to the post shop to send off one box to the U.K. another to the U.S.A.
Normally this would have been NZ$350-400.
It cost NZ$880 !
I said nope ! and took them home and have been battling with shipping rates since.

It's just a rort ! The Corporates have seen an opportunity to fleece us all, and are doing so !

Oh this is so true and exactly what I was looking at this morning. I'm after a rear RH chrome trim T2306020, i find one on the bay, price is good, $24 but it's located in the US. I work for a US company and my colleagues are located in the US, sure I can buy it and have it shipped to a colleague, then they can do the international shipping bit. But USPS is SOO expensive, would work out shipping would be double the cost of the item.

Does anyone know a cheaper method to get that item from US to UK. Was thinking in a jiffy bag or suitable cardboard box (prob 4"x4"x16" weighing what, all of 1lb)? Any other couriers or service that I can pay this end? It shouldn't matter about customs in UK, my buddy can repackage it and mark it as a nil value gift.

(Also am not going to use company postroom, although the idea did flick through my mind; I'm not going to get myself and another fired for being real cheap)

i'm using an US forwarding service company to get stuff from US over to Europa, as they ship a lot they have better rates then i can get personally. They will assign a US address to your account so that the seller can ship it to that address and they will forward it to your EU address. They also handle all the vat/import tax etc so no add. payment need to be made when the parcel arrives at your place

Back