to the harley riders out there who also own a rocket

My rocket, 45,000 miles, my Harley,,,,,,,,,,,,,450 miles:oops:
My Rocket 51,000 miles my Harley 120,000 miles. Only paid $16,000 for the Harley brand new(2010). Paid a little over $19,000 for the X. Got and still getting my moneys worth on both bikes. Hopefully the new Rocket will be the same. time will tell.

If I had 60k to waist, it would be on 5 NEW Rockets....all RED, or black with a red Race Strip

If you had a "60K waist", you'd be way fatter than me!!!
OMG.jpg Neener1.jpg

I've got a 2011 Road King that I use to travel to races. I would like very much to make my 2014 R3R as comfortable and convenient as the RK. The RK is a pack mule. The R3R gets used more often but I put more miles on the RK. I also have a Yamaha XSR900 (Kenny Roberts tribute) and WR250X supermoto. I hardly ride either of those any more because the R3R torque is addictive. The R3R wins hands down on being unique.

Here is my problem. My garage is too small. I just bought a Factory Five Challenge racecar that is street legal and need to work down to one bike in the garage. It comes down to RK vs R3R. I love the R3R every time I ride it! I thoroughly enjoy riding the RK to far away races. I hate to admit it but I would be embarrassed to own a Harley as my only bike! What to do?

Note: The Harley has 49,000 miles and has been trouble free!
I have room in my garage for that XSR900 if you want me to help.

The title of this post begs the questions,

1. Would you be inclined to own a Rocket after owning a Harley?

or

2. Would you be inclined to own a Harley after owning a Rocket?

I think question 1 gets the nod....
Everyone should own an H-D at least once in their life. Its a learning experience.

We really enjoyed our Harley’s and owned six of of them over eight years and drinks tons of the koolaide but we have moved on. The last one was going to be my keeper but low and behold along a camera Rocket and the last Harley was history.

I have a Fatboy, circa 2000, so she’s no youngster and been riding that for a long time. I read about the rocket and on a whim test rode a 2016 with only 800 miles on it this April. Short story, I was sold. I ride the Fatboy occasionally now. I keep it for sentimental reasons and that it’s probably not worth a lot since the market is so flooded with older Harley’s. The rocket is like a sport bike compared to the Fatboy. CVO pricing is absurd. 40k+ for a bike? A buddy picked up a used one with low mile with a stage II or III, I forget and it doesn’t matter. He was so pissed at me when we raced a light one day and he got smoked, very badly. I giggled like a little school girl.
My friend has a hopped up 06 Softail. Always talks about how fast it is. He he opened it up next to me on my 08 R3T the other day. I nailed second hard and laughed as he got real small in my mirror!! He was choking on rubber smoke as my back tire lit up a bit!! We pulled up to a light and his jaw was unhinged....

My friend has a hopped up 06 Softail. Always talks about how fast it is. He he opened it up next to me on my 08 R3T the other day. I nailed second hard and laughed as he got real small in my mirror!! He was choking on rubber smoke as my back tire lit up a bit!! We pulled up to a light and his jaw was unhinged....

You just made my night... :thumbsup::ninja:
-MIG

Back