to the harley riders out there who also own a rocket

Birmingham to Santa Fe, with a small detour. It took 26 hours, but I didn't leave till after 3pm. I thought about doing another 150, but want to go to Madrid the next day so I didn't bother.
i must say that is impressive a true ironbutt no doubt; not sure i could do that type of soul searching ride on the rocket. I can do 400-500 miles after that i'm done. but i've had many fellow riders say same thing after that distance on their feature rich harleys i will admit their sound system with the fairing sounds incredible and does make the ride easier they are still way overpriced for what you get.

400-500 is a long day for me now, plenty. I'm going to have a hard time getting to Maggie Valley with Dave and Dan, Dave would do it in one day, without a thought. I could but would rather not. I told Dan when he asked that we'd take 2 days, he said no way, not me, wanted 3 days, lol, but we will work it out. Maybe staggered starts.

400-500 is a long day for me now, plenty. I'm going to have a hard time getting to Maggie Valley with Dave and Dan, Dave would do it in one day, without a thought. I could but would rather not. I told Dan when he asked that we'd take 2 days, he said no way, not me, wanted 3 days, lol, but we will work it out. Maybe staggered starts.
You can do it, we rode together from Montrose Colorado to Tulsa Ok non stop, remember?:D

i must say that is impressive a true ironbutt no doubt; not sure i could do that type of soul searching ride on the rocket. I can do 400-500 miles after that i'm done. but i've had many fellow riders say same thing after that distance on their feature rich harleys i will admit their sound system with the fairing sounds incredible and does make the ride easier they are still way overpriced for what you get.
Do you wear heating protection when you ride? If I don’t, I’m done at 600 miles. If I do, 750-800 is easily reached.

The folks all up and down shore drive in Henryetta love it that i ride the Rocket. Work some odd hours and no matter how i run the Harley it was waking folks up. Vance and Hines exhaust and after about 30,000 miles the baffles did not do much. Combined with a little bit of engine work the bike could be heard for a long distance. The Rocket with Paul's three into one is tame if you lay off the throttle. Last hearing test at work after riding the Rocket most of the time in the last three years showed very little hearing loss. Never really paid that much attention to the noise from the Harley but will in the future. Have it torn down for now but once i get it up and running may just go with some earplugs.

You can do it, we rode together from Montrose Colorado to Tulsa Ok non stop, remember?:D

That was a few years ago and I did not feel safe riding that long. Especially with your daughter on the back, and I told you that.

That was a few years ago and I did not feel safe riding that long. Especially with your daughter on the back, and I told you that.
Yeah, i remember she wanted us to leave her in Enid and she wanted to walk to Tulsa, it was a very long ride, not done one that long ever since

Do you wear heating protection when you ride? If I don’t, I’m done at 600 miles. If I do, 750-800 is easily reached.
long rides i usually will wear ear plugs; need to save what hearing i have left; but appreciate everyone chiming in on this thread maybe some day i'll get a touring harley for the long rides i'm going on 4 years on the roadster and love the bike sure there are things i wish it did better but the torque and power harley with their chain drive system will never get near what we all have with our R3's.

knock on wood; i haven't had any issues with my 14' roadster have over 28k miles on her never dropped.

I have 2014 Road King. Its like Mr Potato Head: Change the seat with one bolt, Windshield ,Tour Box and Sissy Bar quick release. Two up very nice with Mustang Seat.
Also have AC and WC T100 and a Street Triple R. Love Triumphs and hope to find a decent used R3.

Back