to the harley riders out there who also own a rocket

I had a 2011 Road Glide. I really liked it, had a leather cover put over the stock seat, 17" ape hangers, had it painted my favorite color and installed cams among other doo dads. I rode my R3T once and traded my Harley in like I didn't even like it.

I held onto an 89 Softail that I had too much money into because I felt I had too much into it to let it go. However I sold it in the spring because I never rode it after the R3R purchase. My favorite touring bike was my 2000 Valkyrie Interstate. My favorite cruising, hooligan, go fast bike is my 2011 R3R. My ideal situation is to keep the 2011 R3R and buy a full touring 2020 Rocket if they arent over $30K or to find another Interstate. I am done with H-D especially if they cost over $40K. That is ridiculous for any bike in MHO.

I've got a 2011 Road King that I use to travel to races. I would like very much to make my 2014 R3R as comfortable and convenient as the RK. The RK is a pack mule. The R3R gets used more often but I put more miles on the RK. I also have a Yamaha XSR900 (Kenny Roberts tribute) and WR250X supermoto. I hardly ride either of those any more because the R3R torque is addictive. The R3R wins hands down on being unique.

Here is my problem. My garage is too small. I just bought a Factory Five Challenge racecar that is street legal and need to work down to one bike in the garage. It comes down to RK vs R3R. I love the R3R every time I ride it! I thoroughly enjoy riding the RK to far away races. I hate to admit it but I would be embarrassed to own a Harley as my only bike! What to do?

Note: The Harley has 49,000 miles and has been trouble free!

Keep both bikes, then no regrets

That's how it is advertised by Mopar.
If you can think it, you can build it. Don't let anyone burst your bubble. Seems mean spirited to tell someone what can and cant be done. I hope you build it wheelie the heck out of it.

Back