to the harley riders out there who also own a rocket

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
which bike to you ride more and why was recently at a hd dealership and looking at their CVO streetGlide selling for a 42.9 it is an incredible bike but with financing costs added in you're looking at a cool 60k investment....ouch

2001 CVO Wide Glide, I ride that if I am with a group that has large touring bikes, Harleys, basically anything not overly fast, or whenever I just feel like taking my time and cruising along,
2010 R3T, this is used when riding with ****** rockets, or anything fast, sometimes they even keep up, or when ever I need to smile, or be a total hooligan
Yea, the rocket see's more street time than the Harley

09 Road King
08 Vrod A
05 Vrod A

Depends on purpose of ride.
I'd say:
RK and Rocket ~same
K1300s maybe less
Vrods not much at all

RK Positive - most comfortable bike (police seat, 2" forward brake, 1" forward floors). Bike is easiest to replace parts or whole items, fantastic low speed manners
Negative - poor high-speed manners compared to other bikes, throttle is more of a volume control than a speed control - soon to change

Vrods Positive - easiest to ride bike. good high rpm charge
Negative - low cornering clearance, driving position hard on tailbone after an hr or so, even with aftermarket 3" forward controls. No low end torque, need to be careful on gear selection when changing rides

Vrods are on auction block after acquisition of K1300s. RK for luxury cruising, Rocket for muscle bike, K1300s (175 hp, 569# wet) for go fast. Vrods are between Rocket and K1300s but perform neither function was well as real thing.

09 Road King
08 Vrod A
05 Vrod A

Depends on purpose of ride.
I'd say:
RK and Rocket ~same
K1300s maybe less
Vrods not much at all

RK Positive - most comfortable bike (police seat, 2" forward brake, 1" forward floors). Bike is easiest to replace parts or whole items, fantastic low speed manners
Negative - poor high-speed manners compared to other bikes, throttle is more of a volume control than a speed control - soon to change

Vrods Positive - easiest to ride bike. good high rpm charge
Negative - low cornering clearance, driving position hard on tailbone after an hr or so, even with aftermarket 3" forward controls. No low end torque, need to be careful on gear selection when changing rides

Vrods are on auction block after acquisition of K1300s. RK for luxury cruising, Rocket for muscle bike, K1300s (175 hp, 569# wet) for go fast. Vrods are between Rocket and K1300s but perform neither function was well as real thing.

I have a 1995 Road King that was my Dad's bike, he and my Mom used to ride it and I keep it for largely sentimental reasons. I do ride it from time to time and would do so if I'm two up (my R3R isn't very comfortable for a passenger). I put something like 7,000 miles on the R3R this year and maybe 1,000 on the HD, the former is just so much more powerful even after putting a Stage two kit into the Road King.

I still absolutely love the sound of my FatBoy with Vance and Hines on it. That is what I miss most on the Rocket. It is, for me, also way more comfortable than my Roadster. Partly due to the floorboards. Like others have said the Rocket is my muscle bike and my Harley for a nice, comfortable, slow ride. Won't get anything for my 2005 Hog so don't see me ever selling it til I can't ride anymore.

which bike to you ride more and why was recently at a hd dealership and looking at their CVO streetGlide selling for a 42.9 it is an incredible bike but with financing costs added in you're looking at a cool 60k investment....ouch
Why would any one EVER finance a motorcycle? That is just crazy talk IMO.

Back