to the harley riders out there who also own a rocket

which bike to you ride more and why was recently at a hd dealership and looking at their CVO streetGlide selling for a 42.9 it is an incredible bike but with financing costs added in you're looking at a cool 60k investment....ouch

BUWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA 42.9

I'm sorry, but that's so far beyond ridiculous I can't even...

I can, and am, building a bike that will by 3-4x the HP of ANY HD on the market, offer all the comfort amenities, and be into it for under 15k including the bike. 42.9 + fees at 60, is literally just throwing money in the toilet.

If that's your thing, have at it, but I, and anyone who knows the value of a dollar, would laugh at the dealer right in the face when they said 42.9.

Look at it like this:

Price of 2018 R3R: 11k
Price of Carpenter 265 Kit: 10.5k
Price of TTS Stage 2: 6k
Price of Corbin Bags + Heated Seat + Batwing: 2k
Price of amazing cruise control: 1.5k
So all in it'd be 30k, and you're so far beyond what any HD CVOULTRAEAGLEbull**** can offer it's not even funny.

Last edited:
Last three bikes where bought through financing. 2005 Triumph America. 2010 Harley Fatboy and now a 2015 Rocket X. All bought Brand new off the showroom floor. Of course none of the above sat all winter in storage. Go figure. Even so i do not buy a bike as a toy. Ride everyday. Nature of the beast. Wife would kick me upside down and back again if i bought a bike spent the money on mods and did not ride it. Never been into cars or trucks. Bought the Fiat in 2013 and the Rocket has more mileage than the Fiat presently. Not bragging just stating facts. I ride Period. Not rich or poor kind of in the middle. Love nothing more than going down and picking up a brand new bike and riding home. Luckily I have placed myself in a position in life to do this. Enjoy it very much. Like i said not playing the dog and not bragging. JUST RIDING:roll::roll::roll::roll::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Ha! My 2016 Jeep that I bought brand new, only has 7000 miles on it!:)

The beauty of it is you’re not forced to buy one. I would love to own one! I love my 2 trouble free Harley’s and I hope my new Rocket 3 serves me as well as my Harley’s have.
True. I have to admire Harley Davidson's marketing prowess and the fact that they listen to their consumers.

As I have said before, it is a piece of cake to swap out transmissions on Harleys. I wish we could do that with the R3.

True. I have to admire Harley Davidson's marketing prowess and the fact that they listen to their consumers.

As I have said before, it is a piece of cake to swap out transmissions on Harleys. I wish we could do that with the R3.

42.9 is too **** much; i think once i start doing more distant riding will have to consider maybe a Harley or Goldwing the roadster riding position and lack of 6th gear really makes it quite awful on distance.
it is a bike for sport riding a hybrid of crusier and ****** rocket that only a few can handle- for pure riding enjoyment the Rocket is 2nd to none!! however for distance it will exhaust the rider- still love this motorcycle

42.9 is too **** much; i think once i start doing more distant riding will have to consider maybe a Harley or Goldwing the roadster riding position and lack of 6th gear really makes it quite awful on distance.
it is a bike for sport riding a hybrid of crusier and ****** rocket that only a few can handle- for pure riding enjoyment the Rocket is 2nd to none!! however for distance it will exhaust the rider- still love this motorcycle
I agree with you, that is a huge amount of money. I would not pay it either. If I can get these floorboards reconfigured, that will help a lot.

I have to agree. The most I ever rode in a day was about 1,350 miles, and I only have half a dozen or so 1,000+ mile days. ;);) :D:cool:

Back