to the harley riders out there who also own a rocket

sportsterfunny.jpg

which bike to you ride more and why was recently at a hd dealership and looking at their CVO streetGlide selling for a 42.9 it is an incredible bike but with financing costs added in you're looking at a cool 60k investment....ouch
Finance? If I don't have enough $$ to pay cash for a TOY, I save my money until I do! It's called DEBT FREE FOR LIFE.

The group of 5 retired guys I ride with one day every week all have two bikes, three of them each have two Harleys, one has a Harley and an Indian and me with my '06 Rocket Classic and my '09 Ultra Classic. I enjoy them both equally and spend an equal amount of time on them so they don't feel left out or ignored......after all, they have feelings too. The other guys do the same thing for the same reason. :)

Every tool has a purpose and a cost. One big hammer can do most of the jobs if you only want one tool. Both of my motorcycles have about the same cost factor right now. The triumph will be higher soon as the parts, repairs and rubber cost more.

2014 R3R used for around town, commuting and general fun on a motorcycle.
2005 road glide with windshield floor boards, saddle bags, cruise control, radio and trunk for groceries, touring, going farther in comfort.

My bride rides an '11 Fat Boy. She has Vance & Hines pipes which sound good but it's not a comfortable ride for me... but then we set her up for my wifes 5'3" frame. I do enjoy my '16 V-Rod but she has her place; mostly short runs around town. My R3T on the other hand is my all-around girl... whether it's short trips or multi-day rides. Best of all... our daughter rides so she has the option to jump on the V-Rod when visiting and ride with Mom & Dad. Fortunately, my stock V-Rod new (a gift from my wife) was not much more than my configured R3T new.
-MIG

which bike to you ride more and why was recently at a hd dealership and looking at their CVO streetGlide selling for a 42.9 it is an incredible bike but with financing costs added in you're looking at a cool 60k investment....ouch

I have a Fatboy, circa 2000, so she’s no youngster and been riding that for a long time. I read about the rocket and on a whim test rode a 2016 with only 800 miles on it this April. Short story, I was sold. I ride the Fatboy occasionally now. I keep it for sentimental reasons and that it’s probably not worth a lot since the market is so flooded with older Harley’s. The rocket is like a sport bike compared to the Fatboy. CVO pricing is absurd. 40k+ for a bike? A buddy picked up a used one with low mile with a stage II or III, I forget and it doesn’t matter. He was so pissed at me when we raced a light one day and he got smoked, very badly. I giggled like a little school girl.

Last three bikes where bought through financing. 2005 Triumph America. 2010 Harley Fatboy and now a 2015 Rocket X. All bought Brand new off the showroom floor. Of course none of the above sat all winter in storage. Go figure. Even so i do not buy a bike as a toy. Ride everyday. Nature of the beast. Wife would kick me upside down and back again if i bought a bike spent the money on mods and did not ride it. Never been into cars or trucks. Bought the Fiat in 2013 and the Rocket has more mileage than the Fiat presently. Not bragging just stating facts. I ride Period. Not rich or poor kind of in the middle. Love nothing more than going down and picking up a brand new bike and riding home. Luckily I have placed myself in a position in life to do this. Enjoy it very much. Like i said not playing the dog and not bragging. JUST RIDING:roll::roll::roll::roll::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I’ve owned about 15 Harley Electra Glides in the past 45 years, my current ride is a FatBob. My wife has a Low Rider. I just bought my first non Harley ever, and I went straight to the top, a 18 Rocket Roadster. I haven’t even driven it yet as I live in northern Illinois. I’ve already dumped over a grand into it. Windshield, throttle lock, risers. So, everyone tells me I’ll never ride the Harley again, we’ll see. Gonna trailer all 3 to Florida over Christmas for my vacation. That’ll be my first drive on it.

I’ve owned about 15 Harley Electra Glides in the past 45 years, my current ride is a FatBob. My wife has a Low Rider. I just bought my first non Harley ever, and I went straight to the top, a 18 Rocket Roadster. I haven’t even driven it yet as I live in northern Illinois. I’ve already dumped over a grand into it. Windshield, throttle lock, risers. So, everyone tells me I’ll never ride the Harley again, we’ll see. Gonna trailer all 3 to Florida over Christmas for my vacation. That’ll be my first drive on it.

Awesome. Have fun and a safe trip.

Have a 2010 sportster with Vance and Hines sounds great and love riding it but only local. Don't find it comfortable on long trips and it's to loud over long period of time. Me boy rides it more than me.I ride every day KTM 990 daily ride work etc.The rocket is for when me and my son go away or when the weather is good but is the favourite just love everything about it.

Back