Tire rims need attention

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
I haven't really done much to keep my rims clean. Are there any recommendations as to clean these properly? I appear to have a lot of oxidation so I really want to do a good job of it, also what is recommended in the way of "sealing" the finished work?
Dennis

I don't know about sealing them, but I have used Mother's aluminum wheel polish on mine. I have a neighbor that runs and wheel and tire store, I'll have to see what he recommends for sealing them. The salt has had its way with my wheels this winter.

Sure do, but only once a day. As for getting down on my hands and knees...I'm an old man I'm trying to do this the easy way, if possible, but if I have to, I'll do what I gotta do.
Dennis

Honda Professional Glare Polish! I'm a strong advocate of this product. Very very remarkable results during my one year experience with this product. Unlike the many other products I've used over the years, this product has not discolored any plastics that it has inadvertently come in contact with either. I can't speak highly enough of this polish, which is not an abrasive.
It has accomplished remarkable restoration of painted surfaces that have been burnished by the forward edge of the seat against the tank and areas where my leather chaps have dulled the finish on the sides of the tank. I've applied this polish in those areas once and the finish has not again become burnished nor dull. I've also had the same results under the leather tank cover with the same remarkable results. And, water spotting (acid rain) is a bygone issue. A damp cloth across a rained on finish and the rings are gone.
I've used it on the wheels one time. Any brake dust residue that won't wash off is easily wiped off with a damp cloth and the wheels shine like new.
Honda is, as far as I know, the only outlet other than the factory direct product: Glare Professional Polish. Aside from the fact that the Honda product was immediately available, it was also about $10 less. Gud shiznitz man!

If this stuff fixes up the top of my front mud guard where the tool bag has slid down (worked itself down the forks) and sat against the fender and F.U. the paint, I'm buying the company :D I discovered the issue yesterday :(

Last edited:
Back