Time to move on

Always enjoyed your input here, Captain ro6ert.

Please bang out and tell us more about the new bimmer!

@ro6ert Ive been checking in here probably as much as you have lately. Just logged on for the first time in ages and I see this from you. I found life after a Rocket and I’m pretty sure you will too. Good memories - the ring “misunderstanding” comes to mind....

Anyway, take care mate. I catch up with TOMCAT more than anyone on here these days even though he lives 4000km away. Planning to ride the Nullarbor with him later in the year on Tigers and then Tasmania.

@ro6ert Ive been checking in here probably as much as you have lately. Just logged on for the first time in ages and I see this from you. I found life after a Rocket and I’m pretty sure you will too. Good memories - the ring “misunderstanding” comes to mind....

Anyway, take care mate. I catch up with TOMCAT more than anyone on here these days even though he lives 4000km away. Planning to ride the Nullarbor with him later in the year on Tigers and then Tasmania.

Richard
Please give a hello to Trevor for me!

Sramblers are really coming into their own again and I believe Triumph's 2006 introduction of theirs really kicked it off. Now we have the Duke 390 Scrambler, Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro, the Moto Guzzi Stornello, your Beemer (and a beauty it is) and the Ducati Scrambler Sixty2. I still have my 1967 Triumph 650 TR6C, one of the originals that were referred to as the "Desert Sleds" back in the day.

I've too been intrigued by them but somewhat wondered just what the term now means and how it is applied to these modern scramblers. I just found this very interesting article:

Are modern scramblers really scramblers? - Motorbike Writer

Myself I'm considering buying this 2013 Kawi ZX14R from a friend who also has a 280HP H2R. I just had coffee with him this morning and I'm going to take a test ride. At my age I have no business having a bike like this but, oh well....:cool:

ZX14R 1.JPEG

So many bikes to choose from. I have to get ride of one of the bikes in my stable before buying the ZX

"I'm considering buying this 2013 Kawi ZX14R from a friend who also has a 280HP H2R. I just had coffee with him this morning and I'm going to take a test ride. At my age I have no business having a bike like this but, oh well....:cool:

So many bikes to choose from. I have to get ride of one of the bikes in my stable before buying the ZX14"

WTH?!? That's crazy talk,that's blasphemy! You can NEVER have too many bikes in the stable and age is just a state of mind (for the most part)... I'm about your age but fortunately I am doing well health-wise and don't have problems riding my bikes but I genuinely feel for the folks that are having problems. Unfortunately, none of us are getting any younger and I truly dread the day I can't ride anymore...

BTW - I love my ZX-14R but if it ever came down to it, the Ninja would be gone and the Rockets would stay. I know a guy with the H2R and it is an insane bike!

I always thought that, that is, that one can never have too many bikes. I had seven at one time while living in Virginia.

I have four bikes now and am running out of room in my shop. The Rocket would stay but one of the others would go to make room. Yes and the H2R is one very wild machine. My friend has a 2017 and a 2018 on order. I have to test ride the ZX to see if it will fit me. Unfortunately I am feeling my age in the joints so it might be too cramped. I'll know soon.

I also want to get a 250 dual sport but have to chat with 1olbull about that since he's still riding dirt.

Back