Time to move on

This sounds so familiar man tracked a V max 1700 down at sensible price as they are hard to find at the end of last year and almost chopped the Rocket in for it what are your thoughts on the big Yam any good ? I have never ridden one ..you lucky git you have a Rocket and a V max I'm jealous
This is me taking the scenic route to work on my Gen2

B2BE5598-AC62-43FB-8E2A-E2198DDC6F1A.jpeg
58A2C726-C9C0-4B00-B1B5-7A595E887469.jpeg
310D31C2-7B98-4794-8DDA-22333CB66F0E.jpeg
This sounds so familiar man tracked a V max 1700 down at sensible price as they are hard to find at the end of last year and almost chopped the Rocket in for it what are your thoughts on the big Yam any good ? I have never ridden one ..you lucky git you have a Rocket and a V max I'm jealous
It’s not a Rocket that’s for sure ...both very different bikes ......if I park them side by side my Rocket gets more attention....I did a lot to my 1st Gen2 I bought ....full Otec window kit / 240 back wheel / chopped rear end with new seat unit / Akrapovic cans etc ...spent **** loads on it but it never attracted much attention
I kept my other one stock apart from fitting some Vance and Hines Csone cans

This is me taking the scenic route to work on my Gen2
Good video pipes sound awesome thanks for sharing

There are a couple of points in the video where your gunning it and the camera slips down and I couldn't see up the road and strangely started panicking a bit .
Then I remembered I'm not actually riding the bike lol :D:banghead:;)

Good video pipes sound awesome thanks for sharing

There are a couple of points in the video where your gunning it and the camera slips down and I couldn't see up the road and strangely started panicking a bit .
Then I remembered I'm not actually riding the bike lol :D:banghead:;)
I had a go pro on a chest strap when riding the Vmax :thumbsdown: I did another vid on my Rocket and put the go pro on my helmet (fast forward first 6 mins)

Gentlemen (and ladies),

Have had the Rocket for 11 years now and it is time for me to broaden the horizon a bit. Selling the Rock this spring. Time to move on. Just put down payment on a new bike, BMW R NineT Scrambler. Need to keep moving and going to BMW from Triumph seems like an awkward move, so lets do it me thinks. If you are slightly interested, this is the bike, www.scrambler.se

It has been a pleasure to hang around here even though it has been really rare lately. Ride safe y'all.

Cheers,
ro6ert
No need to go anywhere, besides, we may need some input on that scrambler, what is the seat height on it? have you ridding it yet? toughts on handling? etc, my next bike will be a scrambler of some kind, really liked Ducati but the research i have done tells me that is is very expensive to maintain:)

I bought my R3T new in 2009 and have put 50k miles on it all over the USA, Mexico and Canada. I love, love, love this bike.

But like the OP, I feel it’s time to move to another bike. I want integrated GPS, Bluetooth, ABS and other bells and whistles. I want long distance cruising comfort. As much as I live the feel of this REAL motorbike, maybe it’s time to try some5ing else.

I’m looking at the Indian Roadmaster or (and please don’t shoot me for even suggesting this...) a Goldwing.

Will keep you updated on what I end up doing.

(Heck, I may just keep this big ol’ girl until the wheels fall off!)

Last edited:
I bought my R3T new in 2009 and have put 50k miles on it all over the USA, Mexico and Canada. I love, love, live this bike.

But like the OP, I feel it’s time to move to another bike. I want integrated GPS, Bluetooth, ABS and other bells and whistles. I want long distance cruising comfort. As much as I live the feel of this REAL motorbike, maybe it’s time to try some5ing else.

I’m looking at the Indian Roadmaster or (and please don’t shoot me for even suggesting this...) a Goldwing.

Will keep you updated on what I end up doing.

(Heck, I may just keep this big ol’ girl until the heels fall off!)

Check this one out also.

2018 Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental Touring Motorcycle - Photo Gallery, Video, Specs, Features, Offers, Inventory and more

Back