definately not a harley killer:roll: 104cu in and done. Harley still rollin after many have tried and failed to be king for this catergory of motorcycle but harley is thriving now with the high performance community that want a harley and want performance. For those of us that want to hunt hogs, we buy Rockets. The thunderbird in my opinion is a great motorcycle but underpowered and not much aftermarket support of products to help with upgrades. One thing about upgrades, and everyone uses harley as there competition, but in dealer support with parts and companies that make outstanding aftermarket components there is no comparison between harley and Thunderbird or really any brand or model for stuff that is available for the bike.

definately not a harley killer:roll: 104cu
It was when it was new. It could beat the pants off any HD except for the Vrod. A 104 ci was a big twin engine. in its day. In Australia, HD dealers were no longer allowed to have a Triumph dealership on the same premises because the Thunderbird was gouging HD sales.
I hope it comes back, I know triumph registered the name again after it went out production.

My cobber and i both had the 'Thunderbird Storm' 1700cc. He still has his 2015 model...mine was a 2014. We spec'd them the same with Tors,PC5,k&n filter and dyno tune. Gotta say they went well!...We have memories of sitting on 207 kph side by side on one long straight one day....so they do go good.
DSCF4394.JPG

i too had the 2014 storm it was a great bike, but as i have said before not much in the way of accessories', hence jumping over to the rocket no regrets with that decision

How does the weight of this bike compare with the Rocket? Let's start removing the paniers, sissy bar and passenger floorboards? Is it a monster to maneuver like the Rocket? The CB at 457lbs feels very light and rides great not that bars are originals. There is a copy in Vegas I am tempted to buy. It has 76K miles plus. Do they require big service at that high mileage like this one has? I'm not going to ride it a lot but it is so dam beautiful. Any opinions?

$_57 (5).jpg $_57 (4).jpg

Last edited:
How does the weight of this bike compare with the Rocket? Let's sat, removing the paniers, sissy bar and passenger floorboards? Is it a monster to maneuver like the Rocket? The CB at 457lbs feels very light and rides great not that bars are originals. There is a copy in Vegas I am tempted to buy. It has 76K miles plus. Do they require big service at that high mileage like this one has? I'm not going to ride it a lot but it is so dam beautiful. Any opinions?

$_57 (5).jpg $_57 (4).jpg
i had a Thunderbird Storm back in 2014...loved it...nice bike to ride...sounds good too through the Tors i had on it...comfy too..

Back