ost: 442470, member: 1588"][/QUOTE]
Pretty sure you cam. Go to utube and find a how to pic up your bike .good to watch every now and then.cause if you haven't had to pic up your bike one or twice over the years and you really own one and ride .your really good or full of ****

Anyone know of a good Thunderbird forum?
Did you read my review of the T-Bird? I compared it to a HD RoadKing as they are very comparable. The Sportster is much less heavy, but also much more rough. And the T-bird can go further on a tank of gas. Does she have the T-Bird now?
2014 T-Bird Commander Report

Did you read my review of the T-Bird? I compared it to a HD RoadKing as they are very comparable. The Sportster is much less heavy, but also much more rough. And the T-bird can go further on a tank of gas. Does she have the T-Bird now?
2014 T-Bird Commander Report

She got a 2015 nightstorm in may and have been riding it alot since. Huge difference in comfort compared to the Sportster.

I've thought of getting a T-Bird for an around town bike with my Touring for cross country rides. I had no idea of the weight though so that's out. I figured it was in the 700 pound class. I sat on a blacked out beauty at our local, and now defunct, Triumph dealership in early 2015 and thought it felt fairly light. I would have bought it but they were shipping it to a buyer in San Diego.

I don't get too concerned about the weight of a bike, well, somewhat, as long as it handles well and with a proper balance. My Touring feels a bit lighter than my 800+ pound Nomad because the weight is lower and it stands more upright while on the kickstand. This spring I had a tip over in my garage with the the Nomad while moving it and somehow got it righted with the traditional back to the bike method. I was still feeling pretty weak from a health event so surprised myself. I definitely didn't feel like going riding right after it though. The general concept plan is not to drop one of these beasts.

Last edited:
I had a 2012 storm picked it up with 850k's on the clock proceeded to put 20,000k's on it, great bike, but not many aftermarket parts for them to customise, so that's when I looked at the R3 you can do much more to em

Back