Did it feel heavy?
Thinking back i dont think so...you sit 'in' the bike rather than on it...feet forward..big wide tank...i had a 'Dart' flyscreen on it and a mustang seat with rider backrest...very comfy..
DSCF4394.JPG
DSCF4395.JPG

My 2012 storm had floorboards and a R3 windscreen along with the longhaul seal, short tors and passenger backrest with luggage rack. I thought it was a beautiful bike and the engine was massive. I put high miles on my bikes and the 12k mile service was $$$ while the r3 was 20k miles and half the price, they ate tires about the same pace. The Storm was stable and cornered well, but both 5th and 6th gear topped out around 115 mph so about par with harleys of the same era. Trading for the r3 for me was giving up the style and quality feel for a visereal engine. I'm not a large man and my wife got pummeled on both so we traded again, drum roll. k1600 gtl. still my perfect cruiser would be the storm with 100 rwhp and solo seat.

Was it as hard as the R3 to move around? That is the main reason I traded my R3 for a CB1100. The CB is not an 8 hour day ride like the R3.
...in my case i found it ok...it is a heavy bike and you sit low ...the bars are wide so it is a little difficult especially on gravel if your foot slips!...to ride its not heavy...well balanced imho.

Back