Thunderbird storm top speed in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Discussion in 'Thunderbird Talk' started by rocketbill, Sep 24, 2016.

1. rocketbill

rocketbill.060 Over

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    Thunderbird Storm, Yamaha Stratoliner S
    Out today and decided I would find out the top speed in 1st gear and after that I decided to do 2nd and 3rd also. First topped out at 50mph which I thought was pretty good for a cruiser (tall 1st for a cruiser). Second was 75 hit the rev limiter at 6,500. Third was 97. Not bad as it pulls well in all these gears. I have a Yamaha stratoliner also and although I feel the engine is every bit a strong as the storm it has short or more typical I think initial gears. Did hit 65mph on my fjr 1300 in first and that is the fastest I have had any bike in 1st gear. Not that it matters but was fun to check out.

2. steve59

steve59Turbocharged

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2016 KTM 1290 SDR SE. 2012 K1600 GTL Schwinn S-30
    What happened to 4th, 5th, and 6th? Last saturday, maybe the week before I brought my current bike in for a map flash and I asked the salesman for a storm to demo since I traded mine in 4 years ago on a R3 and they were blowing out some leftovers I thought maybe it was time. I remember buying the extended warranty for my Storm after the first year I enjoyed it soo much, that was several bikes ago and I guess coming from harleys the storm really stood out as a modern performer, but after my last 3 bikes I don't see myself going back, I still stop and look at one every time I see one though, beautiful bike with attitude.

rocketbill likes this.
  3. rocketbill

rocketbill.060 Over

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    Thunderbird Storm, Yamaha Stratoliner S
    4th through 6th maybe in the future. Don't really care about top speed I was just having fun. I fell in love with the looks of this bike the first time I looked at it. It does the job for me now who knows in the future. I like that is is unique from all the vtwins and just that little bit different.

mr hunt likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice