Thunderbird storm top speed in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Out today and decided I would find out the top speed in 1st gear and after that I decided to do 2nd and 3rd also. First topped out at 50mph which I thought was pretty good for a cruiser (tall 1st for a cruiser). Second was 75 hit the rev limiter at 6,500. Third was 97. Not bad as it pulls well in all these gears. I have a Yamaha stratoliner also and although I feel the engine is every bit a strong as the storm it has short or more typical I think initial gears. Did hit 65mph on my fjr 1300 in first and that is the fastest I have had any bike in 1st gear. Not that it matters but was fun to check out.

What happened to 4th, 5th, and 6th? Last saturday, maybe the week before I brought my current bike in for a map flash and I asked the salesman for a storm to demo since I traded mine in 4 years ago on a R3 and they were blowing out some leftovers I thought maybe it was time. I remember buying the extended warranty for my Storm after the first year I enjoyed it soo much, that was several bikes ago and I guess coming from harleys the storm really stood out as a modern performer, but after my last 3 bikes I don't see myself going back, I still stop and look at one every time I see one though, beautiful bike with attitude.

What happened to 4th, 5th, and 6th? Last saturday, maybe the week before I brought my current bike in for a map flash and I asked the salesman for a storm to demo since I traded mine in 4 years ago on a R3 and they were blowing out some leftovers I thought maybe it was time. I remember buying the extended warranty for my Storm after the first year I enjoyed it soo much, that was several bikes ago and I guess coming from harleys the storm really stood out as a modern performer, but after my last 3 bikes I don't see myself going back, I still stop and look at one every time I see one though, beautiful bike with attitude.
4th through 6th maybe in the future. Don't really care about top speed I was just having fun. I fell in love with the looks of this bike the first time I looked at it. It does the job for me now who knows in the future. I like that is is unique from all the vtwins and just that little bit different.

Back