Throttle tension adjustment?

Now you just need to do two things and you will have a perfect running bike. Install D&D mufflers and a Powercommander PCV with an Auto Tune. The bike will NOT be loud and the performance and rideability improvement will finish off the bike. I removed my secondary throttle plates also, but I'm not completely convinced one needs to do that. If you take the advice, your bike will run like the wind!

If your grips are still slippery, try the ISO grips or something similarly fat and grippy. I'd get them anyway (actually I have them ;)) You will appreciate the difference.
That there is two good bits of advice I have the ISO grip Also, I put them on after trying Richards (CanberraR3) as I have a littl of the ol arthur these days it made a massive difference for me that and the fact I regularly lube my cables with Teflon spray via a cable oiler block:) oh and if you get the ISO grips get the optional rocker rest

muleskinner:

Will the Powercommander PCV with an Auto Tune work on my 2013 model?
Do you believe all is the same between 2012 and 2013 since 2013 is not listed.
I would assume all is the same but I would like your thoughts.

hanso and CanberraR3:

I have been looking at the ISO grips.
Which ones do you two have and how easy/hard are they to put on?
I like the chrome/black grips but if the all black work better I will go with them.

I am looking for a good spot to take the bike to get a good picture of it.

9 years ago I was just getting up onto the highway here by my house and heading north when 6-8 motorcycles passed by.
They all had leather vests with a flag on it and it appeared to be the Australian flag.
I believe it may have been some bikers come over to tour the states.
I thought that was great to see them come through our area.
Now when I think of them I think of all my brother (sister?) R3 owners from the forum.
Has any of you been over here riding, say, maybe 9 years ago?

Thanks again everyone!

God bless!!

Michael

The first thing we did was try the throttle on another R3T sitting in the show room.
Then we all headed out to our bike.
They all felt the stiffness was natural but felt it should be a little smoother.
So they shot a little oil/grease into it.
They did not charge anything so that was good.
They just wanted to make it a little smoother.

Another guy there had his '08 R3T.
We went and checked out his throttle.
His was near as stiff as ours but the grips were not slippery or shiny.
They looked like my grips only with GRIP!
He said they are the factory grips.

The dealer shot the oil in and said run it and see how it feels.
The ride home was a little better (either it was better, it was all in my head that it was better, or it was that we were heading home and going home makes everything better.)

So we shall run it several rides and see how it feels.
You could see the dealer's people knew their stuff and I felt comfortable what they wanted to try.
None of it was life risking.
So we see how it works.

But the ride home on that machine was really sweet!
Did we mention the ogler at the gas station - oh yes, I forgot!
Ride was so smooth with lots of power to spare.

We saw a Kawasaki with a trailer.
I told my wife we could pull a trailer with our bike.
In fact probably straight up a power pole with the power we ride on.
But we don't do trailers.

Thanks guys.
I will let you know how things progress.

God bless!!

Michael (and Karen)

Keep and eye on it to make sure. It seems weird that I can operate mine witt one finger and thumb while using the other to controll the front brake. The dealer is right about having slack both cable should. They do have adjustment at both ends but the one down by the throttle bodies is a little harder to get at. As for lubrication I can not say mine has almost 59,000 miles on it and I have never lubricated mine. Not sure if the dealer has because they have not touched it since I put the blower on. I think they are chicken sheets :D

Its ok though with me doing the work I only have one tech to kick if something is not right:rolleyes:

muleskinner:

Will the Powercommander PCV with an Auto Tune work on my 2013 model?
Do you believe all is the same between 2012 and 2013 since 2013 is not listed.
I would assume all is the same but I would like your thoughts.

hanso and CanberraR3:

I have been looking at the ISO grips.
Which ones do you two have and how easy/hard are they to put on?
I like the chrome/black grips but if the all black work better I will go with them.

I am looking for a good spot to take the bike to get a good picture of it.

9 years ago I was just getting up onto the highway here by my house and heading north when 6-8 motorcycles passed by.
They all had leather vests with a flag on it and it appeared to be the Australian flag.
I believe it may have been some bikers come over to tour the states.
I thought that was great to see them come through our area.
Now when I think of them I think of all my brother (sister?) R3 owners from the forum.
Has any of you been over here riding, say, maybe 9 years ago?

Thanks again everyone!

God bless!!

Michael

Mike. I can't give you an exact answer on that, but knowing Triumph, I don't think they have changed the wiring looms or the bike in any way, except for possibly the ABS unit. You could call Dynojet and ask them, but I firmly believe they are the same. Best investment, as the bikes run super lean from the factory to pass smog and the PCV with the A/T makes the bike run like it should. Huge difference in the way it will run. Like night and day. Do it! Just ask Hanso and some of the others who have. The unit is simple and negates the need to go on the dyno, unless you want to make a custom MAP.

Oh if you decide to go with the PCV +AT drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you my AFR table map for it quite a few of nthe guys are running it and as yet no complaints it will make your bike Purr like a kitten till you open the wick then it will roar like a Tiger.... and then hang onnnnnn

I felt mine is a bit stiff. Doesn't bother me on short trips, but on longer trips it was tiring. The cramp buster was a lifesaver for me, used the weight of my hand to hold it open on longer trips. Great investment!

2013 Triumph Rocket III Touring SE

My throttle is so hard to turn and hold for any length of time.
It makes my hand very tired to hold after a short time of riding.

A) Can the throttle tension be adjusted to lighten it up??
B) Does the spring relax after a short time of use?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

God bless!!

Michael
Does it have a throttle lock cap on the end of the grip? Turn counter clockwise it tightens, clockwise tô loosen. Its for "cruise control" if it does. My 13 rocket has it and until I figured out what it was I was having problems with a stiff throttle too.

Back