Throttle Body Balancing... This is bad right?

Ok took a quick look. It appears replacing the vacuum lines is going to involve a lot of work. Do you have to remove the throttle body assembly? Also how the hell do you get to the screws to adjust the throttle bodies?! I can't even see them except from the back side.

Again, having a helping set of eyes will go a long way.

And please use the search function -- with 15 years of accumulated experience, folks have posted on this site photos and descriptions of almost everything that can be done to these machines.

And, as said before, get the manual -- descriptions are in there for everything -- and the searches on this site will find some items where folks have found alternate, often easier ways to do things than detailed in the manual.

Ok took a quick look. It appears replacing the vacuum lines is going to involve a lot of work. Do you have to remove the throttle body assembly? Also how the hell do you get to the screws to adjust the throttle bodies?! I can't even see them except from the back side.

Bear claw off. Prop gas tank up. Long slim flat head screwdriver. I have removed the plenum but I think you can reach the adjustment screws with it on. If you have not yet, order a RamAir kit and install it.

Lets see if you can locate the screws. Perhaps someone knows what size hose you should use. Buy a long piece and cut and replace the hoses one at a time. I still have my 2007 originals. Lubed the tips with some white grease and re-sat the hoses. Read the procedure to adjust the bodies in the manual. The pics are from an extra body assembly I got to practice with and scavenge for parts.

IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1085.JPG

Again, having a helping set of eyes will go a long way.

And please use the search function -- with 15 years of accumulated experience, folks have posted on this site photos and descriptions of almost everything that can be done to these machines.

And, as said before, get the manual -- descriptions are in there for everything -- and the searches on this site will find some items where folks have found alternate, often easier ways to do things than detailed in the manual.
@slydog75 don't let that old grouch discourage you, there are lots of helpful folks here that are willing to answer questions. The search function here is not always helpful, I've known what I was searching for and who posted it, and still couldn't find it. Some people don't seem remember how hard it is starting out. And if no one asks questions, there will be no discussions, and the forum will turn into a ghost town.

@slydog75 don't let that old grouch discourage you, there are lots of helpful folks here that are willing to answer questions. The search function here is not always helpful, I've known what I was searching for and who posted it, and still couldn't find it. Some people don't seem remember how hard it is starting out. And if no one asks questions, there will be no discussions, and the forum will turn into a ghost town.
God I hope he is older then me :D

OK, so did some more digging. It does not appear there's any way to get to those adjustment screws without removing all the ducting above the engine. (I still have all the factory intake). As such, I think for now I"m going to put it all back together and order a ramair or K&N triple filter kit. Which should I get? is there a concensus? Are there any concerns when riding in the rain with either of these kits?

Also, on mine, I saw no way to fully lift the tank without completely removing the handlebars from the stock. I've not read of anyone else having to do that.

Finally, IDK, I noticed your balancing instructions say to balance #2 and #3 to #1, while everything else I've read says to balance #1 and #3 to #2. Which is correct?

The throttle cables and connections are connected to #1, which is connected to #2, which is connected to #3. In practice it doesn't really make a difference. Adjust the scews to make them as close as you can.

Back