Throttle Body Balancing... This is bad right?

Edit: Nevermind, found the secondary TPS procedure at the end of the procedure I was following..

OK, after adjusting the throttle bodies, I ran the "Adjust ISCV" procedure. Problem is, I tried to adjust the front TPS After nothing changed I thought to try the rear TPS and that did the trick. However, I now have a front TPS that is set to who knows what and she wont' idle anymore! How do you adjust the front TPS?

Last edited:
Edit: Nevermind, found the secondary TPS procedure at the end of the procedure I was following..

OK, after adjusting the throttle bodies, I ran the "Adjust ISCV" procedure. Problem is, I tried to adjust the front TPS After nothing changed I thought to try the rear TPS and that did the trick. However, I now have a front TPS that is set to who knows what and she wont' idle anymore! How do you adjust the front TPS?

I made that mistake... Android has a site and button to do that. Not the PC version. You might have to take it to the dealer to do that. Make sure your idle setting with Tune ECU is Ok. You can play with the position while running the bike. Have a helper keep the bike alive with the throttle. Tiny movements. If you take it out the procedure to reinstall is tricky.

Let's see what the real experts say.

@slydog75 don't let that old grouch discourage you, there are lots of helpful folks here that are willing to answer questions. The search function here is not always helpful, I've known what I was searching for and who posted it, and still couldn't find it. Some people don't seem remember how hard it is starting out. And if no one asks questions, there will be no discussions, and the forum will turn into a ghost town.
[/Q

@Steel. Thanks for saying that and so well.

Ok, preliminary results appear to confirm that I have fixed the issue. The problem was intermittent so I can't be 100% sure yet. It's definitely running better overall. Before it did not like holding a steady speed. When I'd get to speed and back off the throttle a bit to maintain speed, the engine would cut out completely like I'd completely released the throttle. That's cleared up 100%.

Ok, preliminary results appear to confirm that I have fixed the issue. The problem was intermittent so I can't be 100% sure yet. It's definitely running better overall. Before it did not like holding a steady speed. When I'd get to speed and back off the throttle a bit to maintain speed, the engine would cut out completely like I'd completely released the throttle. That's cleared up 100%.

Good job SlyDog. That's good! How did you calibrate the front TPS ? Is the stepper motor working?

It's kind'a kool to be able to make your own a Rocket run well. I travel with a spare PC and LoneTec cable, a spare TPS and several other spare pieces I have slowly picked up.
Yet to remove the spark plugs. You have to use the provided socket. Nothing else fits to screw the plugs off and on. Have to get Tribal or Scott to show me. Plan to remove the oil pan to check the pick-ups. There are several self service items you will be able to tackle. Have fun.

Back