This thing is falling to pieces underneath me...

I always go over ALL bolts etc when I buy a bike - New or second hand. nearly always find something not quite tight.
As a bonus it helps to get to know the bike too.

On this, with the other R3 I'm rebuilding at present, I wondered how it got binned. When stripping it down and throwing out the broken bits I found the torque bolt for the rear caliper was not in its hole and think the caliper had moved. when the guy braked nothing would have happened until the caliper moved around and stopped suddenly then locked the back brake.

This is why you check it over.

What's getting worrying to me is just finding parts. Us Touring riders were always a minority, and looking at WorldOfTriumph more and more stuff is just not available in their very detailed web shop. I believe I just saw a fellow who lost his side panel (not unheard of because they're stupidly attached to the R3T) who got told they're not available for love nor money. These are basic parts, how can they not be available on a bike that was literally selling new just the other year?

As I have said many times over the years get you spanners and sockets out and check every nut and bolt that you can at least twice a year, if you can apply some loctite then do it, parts falling off are usually a lack of maintenance.

I always go over ALL bolts etc when I buy a bike - New or second hand. nearly always find something not quite tight.
As a bonus it helps to get to know the bike too.

Same here, but I always thought I was being AR; glad to hear there's another out there! :roll:

Every time i wash the bike i check for loose stuff. This time left hand rear turn signal loose. Everything else fine. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I blame middle men. How is it I can buy at retail for less than the wholesale price middle men give the dealers?

Shouldn’t be possible, and if Brick and mortar stores want to stay alive they need to adapt and overcome.

Amazon isn’t going anywhere so...

Here's a loose peg story.. Was heading down to Cape Cod on the highway,there was this guy behind me laying on his horn signaling me to pull over. Didn't have a clue what he wanted,pulled into a rest area and saw that the right peg bolt on my RK came lose and bounced right into the guys windshield. It was actually in bedded into the glass. He was a good sport about it and said his windshield was due for a change anyway. Not only that i was able to retrieve the bolt and put it back in the peg..:rolleyes::laugh:

Back