Thinking about trading my Indian Challenger for a new Rocket.

How do you like the cruisetec tires on it? Im fixen to order a set. That should have a bias on front and a radial on the rear. front 130/90/16b and 180/70/16r on rear ? Can you verify that. Thanks
Will check later today
the way youll ride thats not bad and the 130 front has what we need on the rocket for a weight rating, no radial 130 16in tire goes that high. Thanks for info Doc and Sandy. Thanks for sharing thread Mexican
Just got home and i was going to check the tires, but i see you got your answers already

I think so, seems you and Sandy are ok with-the cruisetec no major complaints about them, thanis bud

I get the pegs Thursday. I need to go sit on an R at the dealer and see if that's the location I want the pegs at. I understand there are 3 positions plus down a few mm also. I had a Corbin on my 05 and I never got real comfortable with it. I loved the looks and it is so well made I wished it would have worked out but it never got where my butt didn't go numb after 100 miles. I think I'm in the minority of as most everyone likes Corbins and swears by them. :thumbsup:
I had a Corbin on my ‘05 too. It was always very hard. Also, mine had no stitching and the leather got really slick over the years so I’d always be sliding forward.

This original saddle has a great look :thumbsup: and it is very comfortable

I need to sit on one before i go crazy and buy one, made that mistake with a harley, didn't work, not again.

I need to sit on one before i go crazy and buy one, made that mistake with a harley, didn't work, not again.
Hello there,
I see many answers to your question, but I want to say a few words on my own, as I have been there, done the same many times...

I purchased a 2020 Road Glide Special back in Dec 2019, have done several trips and enjoy it a lot.
I had a Challenger before, lasted only 6 months as it had a few issues that the dealer could not fix it and I was quite upset after spending 30K on the Indian.
I purchased a 2020 R3 GT a few weeks ago, I was dreaming about this bike since it came out, and finally I purchased it.
Now, I think the R3 is an amazing POWER HOUSE (no need for ECU tune at all), it is a VERY EASY bike to ride, it rides like a light 600CC bike, it is really amazing how it handles.
1-The bike has a few strange things, one being to start the bike, but you will get used to it, even though it is a BUSY system for starting up, could be simpler
2-Now I go my headlights flickering, trying to solve that problem, but it should be straight forward
3-After riding about 100 miles and if you get bumps along the way, you will feel the difference on the suspension of the R3 and the Challenger, cannot be compared, the R3 is quite hard in my opinion, hope I can make it a little softer (any inputs are appreciated it)
4-There is absolutely no wind protection for your body nor for your chest and head, I made a mistake buying a 46 inches screen from GP KOMPOZITE, they do not help much and they need to improve the alignment of the screws, TI DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY on the 2020 R3
5-If you will use for long trips, it will be a bit uncomfortable and gas intervals suck, as the tank only holds 6 gallons (I believe) which I get about 164 miles per tank, while I do 240 on my Road Glide (not a big deal at all, unless you ride long distances)
6-You will enjoy the LOOKS and COMMENTS about the R3, it is a freaking BEAUTFUL BIKE and it has lots of VERY SEPCIAL details that makes the bike UNIQUE, SO yes YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Thus, do not compare the Indian Challenger to the R3, they are completely different bikes, I wish you could just have both and enjoy both.

I am enjoying mine, but unsure if I would trade for my Road Glide or Indian Challenger today.

Cheers
Luiz

Hello there,
I see many answers to your question, but I want to say a few words on my own, as I have been there, done the same many times...

I purchased a 2020 Road Glide Special back in Dec 2019, have done several trips and enjoy it a lot.
I had a Challenger before, lasted only 6 months as it had a few issues that the dealer could not fix it and I was quite upset after spending 30K on the Indian.
I purchased a 2020 R3 GT a few weeks ago, I was dreaming about this bike since it came out, and finally I purchased it.
Now, I think the R3 is an amazing POWER HOUSE (no need for ECU tune at all), it is a VERY EASY bike to ride, it rides like a light 600CC bike, it is really amazing how it handles.
1-The bike has a few strange things, one being to start the bike, but you will get used to it, even though it is a BUSY system for starting up, could be simpler
2-Now I go my headlights flickering, trying to solve that problem, but it should be straight forward
3-After riding about 100 miles and if you get bumps along the way, you will feel the difference on the suspension of the R3 and the Challenger, cannot be compared, the R3 is quite hard in my opinion, hope I can make it a little softer (any inputs are appreciated it)
4-There is absolutely no wind protection for your body nor for your chest and head, I made a mistake buying a 46 inches screen from GP KOMPOZITE, they do not help much and they need to improve the alignment of the screws, TI DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY on the 2020 R3
5-If you will use for long trips, it will be a bit uncomfortable and gas intervals suck, as the tank only holds 6 gallons (I believe) which I get about 164 miles per tank, while I do 240 on my Road Glide (not a big deal at all, unless you ride long distances)
6-You will enjoy the LOOKS and COMMENTS about the R3, it is a freaking BEAUTFUL BIKE and it has lots of VERY SEPCIAL details that makes the bike UNIQUE, SO yes YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Thus, do not compare the Indian Challenger to the R3, they are completely different bikes, I wish you could just have both and enjoy both.

I am enjoying mine, but unsure if I would trade for my Road Glide or Indian Challenger today.

Cheers
Luiz
Thanks for the review, maybe i just need to ask @Dr D to borrow his TFC for a few days😁

Back