Thinking about trading my Indian Challenger for a new Rocket.

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
As the official buyer of Lupe's used bikes, I don't think I can afford the Indian, even with the senior discount now.
Only thing is I bet it's a lot taller, but if you're comfortable on the BMW, you should be fine

Grumpy Ole Codger

Miserable as FECK
Ride
2007 Rocket 111 Standard..ish
2f4fa719ae22eb1d953892e1a81ed895.png

mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
What don't you like about the Challenger? I've been looking into the Challenger a lot, recently. Looks a good tourer
There is nothing i dont like, its a great bike all the way around, a few months ago i did 1060 miles in 16 hrs and i was ready for more, but i can hear the new rocket calling my name😁

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
the Indian challenger I test one a few months back they emailed me when one of their Demo trucks arrived with all of their bikes; it has impressive engine also rides very nice. My next bike with be a touring motorcycle (intrigued at the new Rocket but still doesn't look like a distance bike in my view) i'm looking at is the K1600B from BMW from what I've heard its as good if not better than the Goldwing and cheaper.

Azisbest

Supercharged
Ride
2020 GT
the Indian challenger I test one a few months back they emailed me when one of their Demo trucks arrived with all of their bikes; it has impressive engine also rides very nice. My next bike with be a touring motorcycle (intrigued at the new Rocket but still doesn't look like a distance bike in my view) i'm looking at is the K1600B from BMW from what I've heard its as good if not better than the Goldwing and cheaper.

I dont know if its a distance bike or not according to those in the know but I have over 20,000 miles on mind since the end of January and a very comfy ride. I will admit the luggage space is not the best since the panniers from Triumph are postage stamp size. But I have a couple of other bags I plop on for multi day trips. I need that oomph when I turn the throttle so I wont be looking at the Challenger although its a great scooter.

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
How do you like the cruisetec tires on it? Im fixen to order a set. That should have a bias on front and a radial on the rear. front 130/90/16b and 180/70/16r on rear ? Can you verify that. Thanks @mexican

Last edited:

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
The Challenger is a real tourer and much more comfortable for long trips. Fork mounted fairing and full water proof hard bags with a full stereo and sat nav. The new Rockets are a lot faster and very stylish but not touring bikes even with the little bags. Lupe has several bikes so he has the advantage to have an assortment. I’d recommend a mix of machines to cover the bases. I know I like a variety af styles to suit the riding I want to do.