Thinking about a T-bird

I traded my Storm for the R3 and when it comes to pushing bikes around the garage or parking lot the R3 is EASIER!!! go figure.

I too have noticed how easily it rolls around. Grab rails to better break inertia and control it are sorely lacking however. :rolleyes:

I've had 2 R3's and one T-Bird. The T-Bird is just as heavy but seems less so because it is lower. With the 6" risers and a backrest, it was super comfortable. It also handles better than the R3, especially at lower speeds. However, because of the smaller ground clearance, the T-Bird was always scraping.

The Bonneville is so slow it will feel like a Honda trail 90 after owning an R3.

I had a new 2010 Scrambler and it was very nice but oh so slow.

Sam:")
The T-Bird, even with the 1700 engine, is in a different league than the R3. However, a TTS supercharger is now available for the T-Bird which can give 170+ hp.

I just got back from a few days away with a few riding mates out to Gulgong NSW mid west then up to Bendemeer in the NSW New England area then back home via Walcha and Gloucester about 1200ks, anyhow we had a new Thunderbird with us and I could grease him easily on the corners and leave him for dead on any acceleration runs , but we also had a slightly warmed Triumph Truxton 900 a lovely green colour with Staintune silencers Avon and induction mods after market rear shocks and a remap to suit, that thing really surprised all of us with the sound (just like a Triumph twin should sound) not like the horrible TORS on the thunderbird also the handling and lastly with a bit of urging also with a 70Kg rider it was a quick little bike, just a bit small for us more amply proportioned Gents, the added bonus was 4.0 litres per 100 Ks(70miles per imperial gallon) and you can push it around the parking lot like a push bike no duck walking required, most of us who are older riders started off on bikes of a simular size as the Truxton

I just got back from a few days away with a few riding mates out to Gulgong NSW mid west then up to Bendemeer in the NSW New England area then back home via Walcha and Gloucester about 1200ks, anyhow we had a new Thunderbird with us and I could grease him easily on the corners and leave him for dead on any acceleration runs , but we also had a slightly warmed Triumph Truxton 900 a lovely green colour with Staintune silencers Avon and induction mods and a remap to suit, that thing really surprised all of us with the sound (just like a triumph twin should sound) not like the horrible TORS on the thunderbird also the handling and lastly with a bit of urging also with a 70Kg rider it was a quick little bike, just a bit small for us more amply proportioned Gents the added bonus was 4.0 litres per 100 Ks(70miles per imperial gallon) and you can push it around the parking lot like a push bike no duck walking required. most of us who are older riders started off on bikes

I just got back from a few days away with a few riding mates out to Gulgong NSW mid west then up to Bendemeer in the NSW New England area then back home via Walcha and Gloucester about 1200ks, anyhow we had a new Thunderbird with us and I could grease him easily on the corners and leave him for dead on any acceleration runs , but we also had a slightly warmed Triumph Truxton 900 a lovely green colour with Staintune silencers Avon and induction mods and a remap to suit, that thing really surprised all of us with the sound (just like a triumph twin should sound) not like the horrible TORS on the thunderbird also the handling and lastly with a bit of urging also with a 70Kg rider it was a quick little bike, just a bit small for us more amply proportioned Gents the added bonus was 4.0 litres per 100 Ks(70miles per imperial gallon) and you can push it around the parking lot like a push bike no duck walking required. most of us who are older riders started off on bikes

oops double clicked the reply button sorry:notworthy:

I just got back from a few days away with a few riding mates out to Gulgong NSW mid west then up to Bendemeer in the NSW New England area then back home via Walcha and Gloucester about 1200ks, anyhow we had a new Thunderbird with us and I could grease him easily on the corners and leave him for dead on any acceleration runs , but we also had a slightly warmed Triumph Truxton 900 a lovely green colour with Staintune silencers Avon and induction mods after market rear shocks and a remap to suit, that thing really surprised all of us with the sound (just like a Triumph twin should sound) not like the horrible TORS on the thunderbird also the handling and lastly with a bit of urging also with a 70Kg rider it was a quick little bike, just a bit small for us more amply proportioned Gents, the added bonus was 4.0 litres per 100 Ks(70miles per imperial gallon) and you can push it around the parking lot like a push bike no duck walking required, most of us who are older riders started off on bikes of a simular size as the Truxton

Yeah, looks like they're about to unveil the newer larger engine on the bonnie. Wonder how long that'll take to get into the thruxton and scramblers:

Lenny,

Don't give up on the Rocket. The T-Bird is nice but you may regret giving up on all of the power from the Rocket. The T-Bird is @ 100 lbs lighter but you would never know it getting off the Rocket and onto a T-Bird. The Rocket is so well engineered that you can hardly notice the weight difference. Get a good (hot) physical therapist and don't tell your wife you are buying another Rocket. Good Luck, Rick

Back