Thinking about a T-bird

When I started riding again a few years ago; a used '08 T100 was my ride.

I traded it in on my R3R a couple of years later; but that was one sweet bike.

There ain't a dammed thing wrong with a Bonnie!

T Birds are beautiful. Triumph needs to resolve the problem of scraping and lifting the rear tire off the ground before I'll buy one.

The lifting problem has been resolved; not by Triumph though. WWW.Jack-Be-Quick.com
The company is currently working on a similar lifting system for an R3.

BTW, my gassed and accessorized T-Bird is 800 lbs. Not sure about the R3. I just know I can't push either one up an incline, and barely on a flat!
The America is sweet as well, and 300 lbs lighter. You'll never likely replace the power of the R3, so....

Attachments

• 1 JBQ Std rear & front.JPG
    1 JBQ Std rear & front.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 3
  • JBQ NC on lift front & rear 1.JPG
    JBQ NC on lift front & rear 1.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Like i said at the moment i havent decided weather not to ride or keep on riding. I broke my Right(dominant hand) wrist in 3 places. Got a metal plate with screws holding it together.

I will like to ride but i am looking for a ligher bike....only time will tell.

I have ridden a couple of tbirds and although they are only about 30 kg lighter they handle far better than a rocket in my opinion and feel lighter.You also feel lower on the tbird . They dont have the power of a rocket ofcourse but they have enough and are better in the twisties . They do however touch the pegs down very easy . I am considering a Storm for my next bike also after selling my 09 rocket . Love the R3 but they are not the be all and end all of motercycles by any stretch

I have ridden a couple of tbirds and although they are only about 30 kg lighter they handle far better than a rocket in my opinion and feel lighter.You also feel lower on the tbird . They dont have the power of a rocket ofcourse but they have enough and are better in the twisties . They do however touch the pegs down very easy . I am considering a Storm for my next bike also after selling my 09 rocket . Love the R3 but they are not the be all and end all of motercycles by any stretch
HEY MITCH I think you should keep the Rocket and do some mods and youll like it more than BIRD ADD a 3into 1 pipe they weigh 10lbs youll knock off 50 LBS and produce 165 HP and 165 TRQ thats almost double what the BIRD makes. change to a 140 front tire the will then feel 100lbs lighter and will handle better and of course a set of after market rear shocks is a big improvement in ride and handling

HEY MITCH I think you should keep the Rocket and do some mods and youll like it more than BIRD ADD a 3into 1 pipe they weigh 10lbs youll knock off 50 LBS and produce 165 HP and 165 TRQ thats almost double what the BIRD makes. change to a 140 front tire the will then feel 100lbs lighter and will handle better and of course a set of after market rear shocks is a big improvement in ride and handling
Hey @IMFASTTOO i actually did all of those things except the 140 tire. Unfortunately i have already sold my Rocket due to having no income while injured but i may buy a new roadster when back on my feet just keeping my options open to riding something different as ive only ever had 4 bikes but we will see when the time comes to test ride.I will def test a roadster

I traded my Storm for an 06 r3, I was trying to finance a new touring and when the dealer sent me out on the 06 roadster for my demo I was done! even got money back on my trade. The bird gets expensive to own since it eats tires and brakes as fast as the r3r but the 12k service is $1000. compared to $550. every 20k for the rocket. I put 12,000 miles on my Storm in less than a year and it got more looks and compliments than any of my triumphs, I went as far as to buy an extended warranty a month before it expired I was so happy with it compared to my previous harleys. my complaints though were the torque monster engine ran out around 95 mph and it makes weird mechanical noises, harleys are noisy but everything is in rhythm, with the bird every musician is playing to a different song a little unsettling! freaking belt squeak! The tech or me would adjust the noise out of it and then ya ride thru a puddle and the squeak is back. when pushing it around the garage it rolls like the tires are flat! I could push my r3 to a jog. The headlights on the t-bird are bright and the tranny is nice. If I didn't mind thew high cost of ownership I would consider another one, but the hwy passing power of the R3 is hard to walk away from. I just bought a used K1600 gtl and am enjoying it. I agree with you life's short and there's a lot of great bikes to ride so I decided from now on I buy used to minimise the bleeding when I find something new.

If it was me, I'd probably opt for something much lighter. Either the new bonnie w/ the larger motor or a tiger/ explorer.

I am of the same opinion, the Thunderbird does nothing for me, the new Bonnie is something that has raised my interest as a nice light bike with good power and easy to put through the twisties and if it sounds like the previous twins a nice retro feel about it ,my son has a 2010 bonnie and it is a nice bike and absolutely bullet proof ,the thunder bird is to me like a bloated bonnie and the exhaust note is deflating for a triumph twin,:whitstling: not my cup of tea old chap

Hey @IMFASTTOO i actually did all of those things except the 140 tire. Unfortunately i have already sold my Rocket due to having no income while injured but i may buy a new roadster when back on my feet just keeping my options open to riding something different as ive only ever had 4 bikes but we will see when the time comes to test ride.I will def test a roadster

Having to sell your motor for income due to an injury REALLY SUX!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Heal fast and WELL! :D
I feel for ya, Mate. If I can help in some way, send PM. :inlove

Back