Thinking about a T-bird

I like the T-Bird. If the Rocket didn't existing I'd riding a T-Bird Storm or an M109R, it woulda come down to a coin toss.
Fortunately the Rocket does exist and I didn't have to go searching around my house looking for change. I never carry cash.

Having to sell your motor for income due to an injury REALLY SUX!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Heal fast and WELL! :D
I feel for ya, Mate. If I can help in some way, send PM. :inlove
Thanks mate it is just a temporary situation i will heal quickly and then ill get back on track financially and back on two wheels. Patience is my friend

Thanks mate it is just a temporary situation i will heal quickly and then ill get back on track financially and back on two wheels. Patience is my friend
As mentioned on FB let me know if I can help, sorry to hear the R3 had to go....

I had a 2013 speed triple and an 06 r3 and when it came time to trade one I traded the R3 ,it was a financial choice having bought the r3 used I would have lost $7500 trading the S3. w i'm looking for someone to trade with me! I miss the Rocket and in my area they're hot and speedys are not.

Had a 2013 Storm prior to my R3....I had teebars, Mustang solo seat, short tors,PCV with dyno tune...what a sweet bike...the sitting position is different tho with the forward controls on the Storm so there is more pressure on the tailbone hence the Mustang seat. Went well tho...

Attachments

• 2014-12-06_15-43-50_591.jpg
    2014-12-06_15-43-50_591.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 4
Hummm, after my accident with the r3 now i am looking to replace it. I love the r3 but do to my wrist injury i dont think i will be able to handle such of big heavy bike. In a perfect world i will get another r3 but passing that thru the wife its almost impossible(atleast for now). I got a few months to decide which bike to get(or if i wanna ride again) but i really like the red Thunderbird any suggestions will be appreciated.
This is just one person's experience so don't let it overly influence you. I am sure others will have glorious praise both for the T bird and for the Triumph organization but I have a 2011 T bird 1600 ABS. I have enjoyed the bike immensely - UNTIL NOW at 11K miles I started hearing a KNOCK in the engine so I brought it to the dealer to be fixed. THe factory approved Triumph dealer service department CANNOT FIND THE PROBLEM and fix it. THey contacted Triumph UK and USA to get a fix and were told that it may be a loose piston sleeve. They told me they were going to put in a request for warranty variance and that everything would be ok. Triumph DENIED the request. They cannot fix the bike bottom line. Now I have a $638.00 bill on my hands with NO FIX. Up to this point I loved the bike so don't get me wrong, but is this is what we all have to look forward to, the inability to diagnose and repair and the lack of compassion from Triumph for what I perceive to be a factory defect at 11K miles? I feel like I cannot trade, sell or safely ride the bike without making things worse!

Maybe some one on the Thunderbird 1600 forum could put some light on it for you....there are some knowledgeable heads in that forum when it comes to Thunderbirds.

Just sold My 2012 T'bird Storm, great bike. Not much difference in the Centre of gravity and weight between the T'bird and my R3. I find that I like the gearing better in the R3 (not changing as much inner city). also less hunched over whilst riding, and less aftermarket part available the the T'Bird, which was part of the reason I sold it. I think if you've got a wrist injury won't matter what bike you get, you'll either be able to ride or not.

Back