the lates tuneboy program

Did you pull the code with Tuneboy to see what caused the CEL?

Give your tranny some time. They are all pretty rough until they get broken in. After a couple of thousand miles you have the same issue then it might be something to check out. Supposedly all bike manufactured after 11/07 have all of the upgraded components.

thanks Brian, I am going to hookup to tuneboy tommorow and see whats up! I am new to this so I dont know what you mean by CEL? I will try and figure it out! your comment is what my dealer said about the tranny too! I just did not understand how just one gear shifts rough! while all the others shift fine! ride safe! Mark

Did you pull the code with Tuneboy to see what caused the CEL?

Give your tranny some time. They are all pretty rough until they get broken in. After a couple of thousand miles you have the same issue then it might be something to check out. Supposedly all bike manufactured after 11/07 have all of the upgraded components.

Hi Brian, loaded your modified tune, it is definately better! (thank you) not as much popping, but is still popping! I took my bike to the dealer today he cleared the CEL it was from throttle position sensor error! left dealer and it came back on in 3 minutes! they are calling Triumph about my trans. my bike was mfg. 7/07 he said it should have all updates in already! and they have never had one with just the second gear giving problems! figures if there is a bad one I would get it!

Mark

Sorry, the CEL is check engine light. You'll need to open the tuneboy diagnostics not tunedit, btw (by the way).:D

Brian, was at W.V. Mountainfest over the weekend and Cycle Solutions put my bike on the dyno, it made 145HP. and 147LBS. Torque, pretty good numbers! but the owner did say that I should get someone who knows tuneboy, to add some more fuel! He showed me on the graph, at about 3700rpm my bike is running lean all the way to 6800, he estimated I would pickup about 4 or 5 more horsepower! Is there a way to do this? I am going to try and scan the chart and post it, so you can see for yourself!

Mark

Best way, if your guy doesn't want to do it with Tuneboy, is to get a PCIII and hook it up and dyno tune with it on, then take it off and load the map into your Tuneboy tune then load that tune into the bike. Otherwise you are just guessing how much to add. Another option would be to send it to Wayne from Tuneboy for suggestions, but I wouldn't count on a response.

Best way, if your guy doesn't want to do it with Tuneboy, is to get a PCIII and hook it up and dyno tune with it on, then take it off and load the map into your Tuneboy tune then load that tune into the bike. Otherwise you are just guessing how much to add. Another option would be to send it to Wayne from Tuneboy for suggestions, but I wouldn't count on a response.

thanks Brian, I will give Wayne a try!

Dyno Run

Here is the Dyno run!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 61
The original tune came from Wayne, so don't bother with that. Are you sure the dyno guys measured the air/fuel correctly? Some definitely don't.They need to shove the probe all the way up the exhaust. Do you have any leaks? If not, I agree that the best way to tune the bike is with a PCIII. Why did you remove the secondaries? Tuneboy opens them 100%.Also, are we sure that unchecking the O2 sensor box works? Installing a PCIII O2 controller ($20) definitely does.

The original tune came from Wayne, so don't bother with that. Are you sure the dyno guys measured the air/fuel correctly? Some definitely don't.They need to shove the probe all the way up the exhaust. Do you have any leaks? If not, I agree that the best way to tune the bike is with a PCIII. Why did you remove the secondaries? Tuneboy opens them 100%.Also, are we sure that unchecking the O2 sensor box works? Installing a PCIII O2 controller ($20) definitely does.

yes Doug probe was very long about 3ft. I emailed Wayne the dyno run, He did respond! with a modified tune I will have Captain C install friday (weather permitting) Wayne also commented in the very near future he will have available some type of wide band 02 sensor He is making changes to the tuneEdit software this will allow adjustment of the map on the fly! out on the road! instead of in the trailer! sounds great!

Mark

yes Doug probe was very long about 3ft. I emailed Wayne the dyno run, He did respond! with a modified tune I will have Captain C install friday (weather permitting) Wayne also commented in the very near future he will have available some type of wide band 02 sensor He is making changes to the tuneEdit software this will allow adjustment of the map on the fly! out on the road! instead of in the trailer! sounds great!

Mark

That's cool! Also, something new to buy.

Back