Taking Zeus to the Vet in the AM

An update: It was a rough night. Zeus was unable to lay down for hours because of his Wobblers syndrome. I was finally able to get him to take his meds around 2 AM. It was maybe 6 AM before he settled down. I was up all night with him. Took off work today. The Vet said it was normal. 24 - 48 hour recuperation period. I just hate to see him in such pain.

What a tough night.
luckily 'ol Zeus has you to watch after him.
keep up the good fight, it's what we do for our 4-legged friend's.
Dan

Finally made it back to work. My wife is watching him tonight. He's having a reaction to the pain meds and is throwing up foam. Seems that it is a side effect of Tramadol. But the vet did say that it would be a few days before he gets his bearings again. Tomorrow night he will be alone for at least 8 hours as we both have to work. I hope someone takes care of me when I get older and feebler and start to drool on my night clothes and wet the bed and poop my pants and....wait, im doing that now.......

For you 1 BigDog and all the other softies:

Now thats just cool. Thanks Phil

Hes finally down off of the high from the anesthesia and Tramadols. I found out that Tramadol is a morphine based pill so it made sense why he was so whacked out over the weekend. Got Zeus on Meloxicam for his neuro pain and it seems to be much better. Hes starting to eat again too. His Wobblers issue will not get any better but at his age he most likely wont be around for it to get substantially worse.

Thanks so much for the well wishes once again. It meant a lot!

Last edited:
Tonight was the deal breaker. At 11:53 PM Zeus officially ate from his food dish. We have been hand feeding him for several days and one of the things the vet said to look for was when he would finally go over to his bowl and eat on his own. I can now officially relax........:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Back