Taking Zeus to the Vet in the AM

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
My oldest Dane, Zeus looks like he may have cancer. Right now he has a malignant tumor in his mouth. Were getting another evaluation in the morning to see if its possible to go ahead with surgery this Friday to remove it. They are going to xray his chest area to see if there are any other indications of cancer. If not, then Fridays surgery is a go. If there is then we will just make him as comfortable as possible for his remaining time. He is coming up on 10 and that's pretty old for a Dane. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 51
Feel for you and understand your position, you have to do what's best for the dog and that's not necessarily what's best for you. Been through it with three previous dogs and kills me every time but would never be without one, you get so much more from them than they get from us.

gremlins.jpg
I feel your pain, good luck. About a month ago we had to put our Gizmo down due to pancreas and liver issues. He LOVED the bikes, I would put him in my saddlebag and tour him around the neighborhood, one of his favorite things to do, this may sound sappy, but we got him cremated, I took some of his ashes in a steel vile, and put it in my bike so he never misses a ride again, besides, maybe he will keep the "gremlins" off the bike that the "bell" is supposed to do, lol.

Back