Tail of the Dragon

Jvheli

Nitrous
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
Wifey (2011 Roadster)and I (2016 Roadster) just returned from a week on the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap NC.

I wasn't sure how the Rocket Roadster would tackle these very twisty roads, but I must say I am very impressed (and so were a few others)!

Some observations about this bike: the power is just addictive and the bike really shines mountain riding . The drive train lash is rather excessive so I had to learn how to manage it. The exhaust heat shield clamp (both sides) sometimes dug into the asphalt creating an oh s@&t moment or two and some mangled clamps.

All in all the best roads I have ever rode. We stayed at the Iron Horse Motorcycle lodge, which I give 5 stars! Can't wait to go back!

image.jpeg

Love the region. The Dragon is a must, but there are several other smokin rides. Did you hit anything else and if so what?

Love the region. The Dragon is a must, but there are several other smokin rides. Did you hit anything else and if so what?
we did several roads that day cant remember all the names but there was the Cera...... Skyway and then there was the B/R parkway or part of it and "The Road to Nowhere" we also did "Moonshiner 128" and of course "The Dragon" there may be more But I cant remember any other names and if I ever get back over there I will have to get "Joesy", RainMan and Wendy plus Mully not mention my very generous (Allowed me to use his spare Rocket for my trip) Mate and His lovely bride Morris and Cindy to take me to That BBQ Joint we had Lunch at that Day with out the best Ribbs I have had
starving-hungry-emoticon.jpg

I've been there a couple of times. My favorite ride is 28 down to the Highlands. Excellent road and a cool little town. Also like the 441 into Gatlinburg. Love the free Shine tasting and eating at Dicks last Resort! The Cherohala Skywayand Blue ridge parkway are also great rides. You can't find a bad road there. The Dragon is fun but too many inexperienced riders which frankly makes it a tad too risky for others.

we did several roads that day cant remember all the names but there was the Cera...... Skyway and then there was the B/R parkway or part of it and "The Road to Nowhere" we also did "Moonshiner 128" and of course "The Dragon" there may be more But I cant remember any other names and if I ever get back over there I will have to get "Joesy", RainMan and Wendy plus Mully not mention my very generous (Allowed me to use his spare Rocket for my trip) Mate and His lovely bride Morris and Cindy to take me to That BBQ Joint we had Lunch at that Day with out the best Ribbs I have had

Cera....Skyway = Cherohala Skyway (my favorite in the area)
B/R parkway = Blue Ridge Parkway (469 mile federal parkway winding through North Carolina and Virginia)
Moonshiner 128 = drop the 1 and you got it. Moonshiner 28 otherwise known as North Carolina State Route 28.
The Road to Nowhere = Fontana Rd/Lakeshore Dr out of Bryson City (stunningly beautiful). Follow the signs to Swain County High School.

starving-hungry-emoticon.jpg

DO NOT FORGET
The pie you had in the bar at Flagstaff, AZ!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back