Sweeten the pot . . . Lush "street" cams

I have the lush street cam with extras. Heavy duty clutch, pistons, Reband exhaust system, had Ramair but recently changed to the RX4040, I get 201hp. Minus the pistons, not sure?

@albertaduke did MUCH more to his mill than just the cam -- the cam was more aggressive and he changed other parts to handle the added power/stress, and he has the ability and access to a trusted local wrench.

I have neither the pockets, nor the trust in anyone local. Had I the funds, back in the day, I might have gone with Carpenter. My wife keeps joking when the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes envelope comes in the mail, "Look, look look -- it says right here, I'm only 'one step away'!"

Until then, I'll just be a bit smug internally.

Lush himself only suggests that I'll see 9 hp gain, and touts the cams as resulting in a smoother running engine that will just feel like it's faster, and that's o.k. with me.

Appreciate your explanation! :thumbsup:

I have the lush street cam with extras. Heavy duty clutch, pistons, Reband exhaust system, had Ramair but recently changed to the RX4040, I get 201hp. Minus the pistons, not sure?

201 RWHP?
With no porting, springs, keepers or lifter cups?
1nquiring minds . . .

201 RWHP?
With no porting, springs, keepers or lifter cups?
1nquiring minds . . .

Bull it's totally doable. If the springs, keepers,and lifter cups weren't strong, the blower and turbo kits would surely break them. The problem with those goodies is only at high RPM and well, you can make horsepower below 6,300 bud. :) Morning :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull its totally do able. If the springs, keepers,and lifter cups weren't strong the blower and turbo kits would surely break them. The problem with those goodies is at high rpm and well you can nake horspower beliw 6300 bud :) morning :D

Thanks for the dope, Scott!
Which cams (only) can the stock head take?

Thanks for the dope, Scott!
Which cams (only) can the stock head take?

Nev's they are drop-in using the Triumph timing tool. You can actually put the Carpenter cams in or any others. But with only stock buckets, again you are limited and better off pulling the head. If I remember right @TriumPhil had the Carpenter "pre-210" kit (basically valve workover with the cams but no porting) done on his. Cams springs, under-bucket shims. No porting, nor pistons, and pulled in the 180's with the Mad Dog three pipe TOR look-alikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
@1olbull ive seen you ride and well you do not need god awful rpm for what you do. I can see you with a supercharged beast. Except I wonder if you will grind it on the road when your leaned over. :D

HEH! HEH! HEH!
What interesrs me is having more straight line power for Sport Bike Greasing.
Reckon I would be satisfied with the 225 kit, but YOU NEED to come install it for me!
Reading all the "gripes" about a loss of low end torque actually impresses me, because all that low end torque is problematic with throttle control while hooning the twisties.

Back