summer screen vs fly screen

Summer screen is OK if you can handle the buffeting and wind noise,, at 6.0 I would go for the full screen I think :)

And lowers. Without the lowers the roadster screen produces a lot of turbulence, drove me crazy. Probably the same for the summer screen.

And lowers. Without the lowers the roadster screen produces a lot of turbulence, drove me crazy. Probably the same for the summer screen.

The turbulance roll up over the tank. I ran the Roadster screen withthe lower and prefer it without as it increases the ability to have the death wobble over 150 mph. I run the sports screen with I think is the same size as a fly screen only clear in the summer and use the Roadster screen for long trips and in the cooler fall weather.

Now knbaudio, you should be able to find some bolts that work around here places like Lowes and menards along with Ace Hardware have a supply of chrome plated and stainless bolts. You probably be looking for something like 1/4-20UNC I think 6mm is the closest metric as 7 mm is about .025 larger yet still might work due to bolt hole clearances. As for the cable mount there is only one and well its great because the cable will rubb and yet it sucks as I still had to wire tie it to the back of the mount to prevent the mount and brackets from rubbing thru the plastic sheath. You might want to buy some say 1/2 inch thick chrome spacers/washers and move the screen outword. this might roll the air over you glasses. I take it this is happening because you do not wear a brian bucket :D

also you can play with the angle of the fly screen at the fork mounts a wee bit.
I never used the summer screen before but I imagine it only removes the air from the chest area and sense your a couple inches taller then me lower chest for you :)

The sport screen and fly screen never take all the pressure off you except when you tuck down and engauge the warp drive.

I'm just down the road about 200 miles from you in the Peoria area we will have to meet up some time. In fact there are getting to be a lot if Chicago and other Illinois captians on these sites we should all get together some time.

thanks warp 9.9 on the fly screen info do you have the instructions on the mounting or anyone else can email them to me. is there any rubber washer used with the mounting. the front mounting kit clamps have all the bolts. maybe some pictures of how it mounts with bolts and parts. i like the fly screen more than the other options for the rocket. i'm hoping it take the wind off my chest and take it over my helmet. nice thing of florida is we can ride all year round. my email is knbdezign@hotmail.com thanks guys

Speaking of Summer Screens which is what I use, and the buffeting is a little uncomfortable.. I had an Idea :D

MRA X-creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade (bolt-on) - TwistedThrottle.com

I researched the MRA spoiler bolton Screen addon, found the best price at the time was
Twisted Throttle in the US $129 + $20 for a clamp Kit incase it dont work, (drill holes later) so ordered one :)

Anyway if this improves buffeting ill be happy..for me its better than the
errrrrrmm!! well,, :eek: the old farts full screen..

Be Nice Please...:) this includes you Hans.. aka.. Sir Woo :rolleyes:

thanks bill for the link the fly screen is different but does help on bolt sizesall look to be the same thanks again.

Speaking of Summer Screens which is what I use, and the buffeting is a little uncomfortable.. I had an Idea :D

MRA X-creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade (bolt-on) - TwistedThrottle.com

I researched the MRA spoiler bolton Screen addon, found the best price at the time was
Twisted Throttle in the US $129 + $20 for a clamp Kit incase it dont work, (drill holes later) so ordered one :)

Anyway if this improves buffeting ill be happy..for me its better than the
errrrrrmm!! well,, :eek: the old farts full screen..

Be Nice Please...:) this includes you Hans.. aka.. Sir Woo :rolleyes:
well that must make an old fart then eeh:mad:, I use a clear fly screen for running around and shorter day trips but when I am doing a long trip I love my full touring screen

Chilly today in the Windy City with my summer screen. I'm a new R3R owner of 2 weeks and had ordered the larger roadster screen, which I had on my traded in TBird. I just realized after looking at photos that the dealer installed the wrong screen and will have them swap it out for the taller screen. At 5'9" the tall screen on my TBird allowed me to see over the top of the screen and keep the wind over my head. That being said, riding without a screen at highway speeds is new to me (only been riding since last year) and actually felt comfortable with the wind blast after a couple of jaunts at speed. Just sore biceps. So for me it will be tall roadster screen for cold days and long trips. Fly screen for around town just to keep a little of the blast off my chest and allow me to ease off the death grip. Not a fan of the currently installed summer screen.

Welcome Rocker. I'm not a fan of any screen because of the noise and buffeting. I reckon the Rocket's tank, lights and gauges protect the rider a fair bit anyway and I'd much rather feel the wind around me than have it directed to anywhere in particular. I find that while a screen protects your front, you get a lot more around your back and kidneys and at speed the bike feels unstable, especially if it's windy or you're up behind a truck. In cold weather I wear a quilted vest under my jacket and on trips I use a rider's backrest; saves the arms and much safer when you need to let go of one hand to give it a rest - you still have 2 contact points (in addition to your arse ;)).
No screen for me!

well that must make an old fart then eeh:mad:, I use a clear fly screen for running around and shorter day trips but when I am doing a long trip I love my full touring screen

When I get to your age Hans :p I will do the same maybe :D but for now if the spoiler works I can take it off easily and its not so exy..

Back