Start Problem Fixed ?

kipper

Nitrous
Ride
08 CLASSIC,09STANDARD,05VALKYRIE RUNE,
I've got a friend with an 04 Rocket which has had persistant start issues for a long time. 99000miles on it ( push button and click, try again and after a time it fired and ran fine) Last week it woundn't start,not even a click and he had to wait on Roadside assitance. Today I had a look at it for him . What i found was that the yellow/ blue wire from the starter relay to pin B24 on the ecu plug was faulty (sometimes making a connection when it was pushed into the terminal block ) . The wire is not broken, it seems the problem is at the connector block where the wire joins the pin in the block .IS IT POSSIBLE to repin this connector block ? I have no idea who makes it and it doesn't look too easy to do . When I disconnected the wire from the starter relay terminal block I put a jumper wire in its place and earthed it to the battery - side. the bike started up no problem so IS IT POSSIBLE just to leave it this way way with the Wire disconnected from the ECU B24 or would I need to fit some type of auxilliary relay. Obviously don't want to damage his ECU.

Last edited:
Back