UPDATE FIXED: Brahma won't start darn it.

There is plenty of fuel. I will take the cap off tomorrow to ascertain the fuel pumps sound better. Just listening otherwise, it sounds normal.

The problem is that every time you have a problem there are so many things that can cause the problem.
And that my friend is why there is a shortage of good mechanics
I can tell you when us old timmers hang up our wrenches the young people is going to be in big trouble.

BLUF: I F'd it up. It was a crossed wire.

Thanks Herman for detailing the troubleshooting steps for me. And I still don't have the correct electrical diagnostic tools, but they are on the list...

Kevin, your idea about checking the throttle bodies for spray led me to think I screwed something up with the electronics that operate the injectors. There was no spray at all on any port. I threw in the towel and took the bike to a shop that can do actual, correct work; Brookes Cycles in Chantilly near @Joesmoe.

I gave them all the details leading up to the no start situation. Nick is the guy working on the bike and he called me asking if I had been doing battery work on the bike. Well, I installed a new battery thinking the three-year-old battery was failing. He told me I had incorrectly moved the positive lead for the PCV to the negative cable. That prevented any electricity going to the injectors. :whitstling: Whoops, that will do it.

But wait, there is more. I also broke the positive post on the new battery. I have so many connectors coming from that lead that I needed a longer screw. That long screw pushing into the battery frame and dislodged the positive post. So now I have a new, new battery and Brahma runs like his normal self again.

Thank you all for your words here and the good thoughts. My life has become to busy to be able to think straight at times and this one bit me hard. You are the best.

Back