Sound of Chrome

Update: I made some extensions to the mounts that moved the speakers out from the handlebars about 2". Crude but effective. I got the system installed and powered up. I have some more work to do to clean up the install but it works for now.

Today was the first time that I could get out and test it. The sound from the speakers is good, however, I'm going to have to do some more work with the sat antenna. I'm not getting good reception with the default location on the handlebar. I may have to route it up onto the fairing somehow.

Hopefully I can take some pics tonight and get them posted.

Chrome2.jpg

Here's a quick pic. Like I said, some more work needs to be done to the mounts and to find a better spot for the sat antenna.

Looking good...but it would look so much better on my bike;) Have you got it working good enough to know how it sounds at highway speeds? And if you don't mind, how much for a set up like that?

I haven't had it out on the highway just yet but will report back when I do. The main challenge now is to get a better sat antenna site.

Kury Sound of Chrome set was ~$349 if you do some searching.

The sat kit was ~$70 at tss-radio.com.

Both kits are comprehensive with plenty of cable, ties, etc. With the Fleetliner you will have to make some stand-off brackets. Regular windshield owners should have plenty of room.

Update II:

Speakers perform well up to about 65 mph then are overpowered by wind noise. About the same as the Road Tech Radio on my bro's Road King. I had hoped for good sound up to about 75 mph.

Still having a lot of issues with the sat radio antenna placement. The antenna lead is only about 6 inches which doesn't lend itself to a lot of options. I have an extra full size antenna that I may try that has a much longer lead. I may end up having to craft a mount that will have it sticking out near the mirror. We'll see.

When it's all working it works great. Kinda mixed on the whole setup as of now. Here's a pic:

Last edited:
Back