Soon to be R3Touring Cranberry owner in central Florida

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Hello everyone. I've been lurking awhile and now am getting ready to purchase a 15 Touring in Cranberry. I live in the central Florida area and just sold my 2013 Kawasaki C14 a few months back. Spent a lot of money trying to get it comfortable, but it never worked out. Wonderful bike though. I've owned everything from the C14, a 2010 Wing, to a 1983 Honda CX500. I'm really pumped for the Rocket. Love the uniqueness of the bike. I'm 6'4 230 lbs, so I'm looking at hopefully having a bike that fits me. I'd like to ask for a little help in the deal I'm looking at. Remember, this is Florida and I'm finding that the "fees" charged in this state are in the stupidsphere. I recently moved from Ohio and the fees were always low. No regulation on that in Florida. Here we go.

2015 Cranberry Touring 14,122.43
Dealer Prep 349
Freight 495
Doc Fee 299
Tax 966
Registration 196

Minus 1000 (500 Rebate and 500 Thank a Hero program)

15,428 OTD.

Thoughts?

Pleasure to meet all of you and look forward to learning a lot!!!

G'day and welcome.

The bike sounds about the right price to me. You can't do much about the tax and rego. If you want the dealer to prep it for you then I guess someone has to pay him. Someone has to pay to get the bike to the dealer. The Doc Fee is to overpay someone to do the paperwork. The bottom line is that those fees could have been added to the price and you could have got them "free", but then you would also have been taxed on those freebies as they would have been a part of the price of the bike, so it would have ended up costing you more.

I can't speak to the fees as they vary considerably from state to state, but in terms of the actual price? That's a very good deal, well, at least from where I sit, I paid ~$2500 more than that here in Virginia. A quick search on Cycletrader for a 2015 rocket 3 tour puts the average price at $17,xyz (17,499 to 17,999) all over the nation.

So if you're getting it $15,428? You're a good $2,000 under the national average even with those fees (at least in terms of what I'm seeing on cycletrader).

WELCOME to ya from the diagonal corner in WA State!
You may wish to consider adding your location and bike year and model under your avatar?

Welcome from Ocala R3T is a comfortable .about 18 months of riding it ,real close to 26,000 miles to date.Where in Florida ?

Hi redwings, I have been lurking here too for a while. I do not own a Rocket three as of now. I am riding a 2010 Kawasaki Nomad, which I've had for five years since new.
I am no longer comfortable on my v-twin, and have been thinking about a change.
I see that you owned a Gl1800 Wing. Can you tell me what you thought was the reason why you chose not to keep it? Was it a comfort issue?
I also used to own a Gl1800 back in 2003, and have been considering them again.
I am drawn to the Rocket though. I want to be in a more upright seating position. The feet forward slouch on my Nomad is getting to be a problem.
I like the less bells and whistles of the Rocket tourer compared to the Wing.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks, and take care, Eric

Hi redwings, I have been lurking here too for a while. I do not own a Rocket three as of now. I am riding a 2010 Kawasaki Nomad, which I've had for five years since new.
I am no longer comfortable on my v-twin, and have been thinking about a change.
I see that you owned a Gl1800 Wing. Can you tell me what you thought was the reason why you chose not to keep it? Was it a comfort issue?
I also used to own a Gl1800 back in 2003, and have been considering them again.
I am drawn to the Rocket though. I want to be in a more upright seating position. The feet forward slouch on my Nomad is getting to be a problem.
I like the less bells and whistles of the Rocket tourer compared to the Wing.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks, and take care, Eric[/QUOTE

Hi Eric. LOVED everything about the Wing with one exception. At 6'4, I think I'm too tall for it. My legs were cramped and I couldn't put more then 150 miles on it without having to get off. My kneecaps touched the fairing and that wasn't fun. Tried alot of things, just wasn't doing it for me. Also, the Wing to me is like a HD, every swinging rider has one. Still loved that awesome motor, but I'm more excited about the Rocket!

Welcome from Ocala R3T is a comfortable .about 18 months of riding it ,real close to 26,000 miles to date.Where in Florida ?

Hey fingers. I'm just east of Leesburg in Yalaha right at the southern tip of Big Lake Harris. Was just up in Ocala getting a used car for my 18 year old daughter who just moved down here as well.

I can't speak to the fees as they vary considerably from state to state, but in terms of the actual price? That's a very good deal, well, at least from where I sit, I paid ~$2500 more than that here in Virginia. A quick search on Cycletrader for a 2015 rocket 3 tour puts the average price at $17,xyz (17,499 to 17,999) all over the nation.

So if you're getting it $15,428? You're a good $2,000 under the national average even with those fees (at least in terms of what I'm seeing on cycletrader).

Thank you sir!

Back