Soon to be R3Touring Cranberry owner in central Florida

Welcome from NJ.
Thats a great price, I paid just over 19k 2 years ago, you did good.

Still 6k cheaper than the HD Road King, and way faster!!!
Enjoy!!

Got the big girl home today!! For some reason, I think she rode nicer then my 08' Wing!!! Suspension was beautiful and the way the bike wanted to return to an upright position by itself was really cool. Weird clicking/clacking, but I think that's the fuel injectors. I haven't felt connected with many of my many bikes, but this one has a different feel to it. I think it's going to be a long relationship with this bike. A few things. I'm 6'4 but the stock windscreen seemed fine to me. I might need a little height added to the seat, but I think highway pegs will cure that issue. LOVE the light feeling on the handling. This bike is awesome!!!!

Good to hear your getting àlong with the new bike,be carefull doing low speed maneuvering until you get used to it

Cranberry, that's RED, Welcome Sir
august 09 202.jpg

Hello Redwings01,
Welcome to the Sunshine "rainy" state. I have lived in Fleming Island, FL since 2007, did a few tours with the Navy here several years ago. I love to ride in Florida, and south Georgia. A tip about the rain--when riding after it just rained (you probably already know this), stay out of the middle part of the lane that you are in. The roads in Florida are made with shell and asphalt, and the center of each lane collects oily debris. All that adds up to almost "black ice" conditions. I've seen more then one guy slide thru an intersection, and lay her down. That is why I am a proponent of the "darkside". I have 205 triple treads on my 01 Honda VALK. I decided to put regular m/c tires on my 08 touring for now. I will probably put 195 Dunlop on the rear, and stay with the Shinto 777 on the front. I'm still getting used to the R3Touring.

Happy and safe riding! And welcome, I'm a newbie to R3Owners Forum, and riding the BEAST!

Thanks for the heads up on the road composition! Just another thing to go along with the tourists, blue hairs, and unlicensed/uninsured illegals driving around me:) Nice to meet you!

1BigDog, post: 344975, Welcome from Jacksonville

Hey 1BigDog,
Are you posting from JAX, Florida? Check out the Biketoberfest thread. A few of us are meeting up in October. I don't think it is R3Touring exclusive. My ph# is 904-383-9782, if you are interested in riding up to Daytona.

Safe riding.

1BigDog, post: 344975, Welcome from Jacksonville

Hey 1BigDog,
Are you posting from JAX, Florida? Check out the Biketoberfest thread. A few of us are meeting up in October. I don't think it is R3Touring exclusive. My ph# is 904-383-9782, if you are interested in riding up to Daytona.

Safe riding.

Mike, I am over in East Arlington, just east of the Dames Point bridge. For now my riding days are curtailed until I get my left knee replaced so riding down to Daytona is most likely out of the question. However I would like to get the group together maybe in the spring for a Florida meet and eat. I should be back on my Touring by then.

1BigDog said,"Mike, I am over in East Arlington, just east of the Dames Point bridge. For now my riding days are curtailed until I get my left knee replaced so riding down to Daytona is most likely out of the question. However I would like to get the group together maybe in the spring for a Florida meet and eat. I should be back on my Touring by then".

Roger that, may have your CELL Ph# and email address. I want to send a patch idea to all respect R3 Pilots to get some feedback and get a consensus (if there is such a thing) on it! I recently bought my 08 R3Touring from a guy in WVA, he was getting a hip replaced, and it was going to sit for awhile, He gave a good deal VET to VET. Lets stay in touch, and if you happen to see any R3Owners while your limping around, pass along my email: mikenkathi@Comcast.net, and my CELL Ph# 904-383-9782.. I found 5 other VALK Interstate pilots that way in St Johns , Clay, and Duval county's.

Let me know if I can do anything for ya, brother.

Back