SOLVED: Intermittent not starting, no fuel pump prime, but I hear relay click

Thought I'd better close this dangling thread, or hanging chad. I stripped all the plastic sleeving and tape off, exposing the wiring loom under the tank, from where it branches off to go to the speedo / tacho. Straight away it was a bit damp inside and where the wires were crimped 1 into 2 like the purple one, the connection was not good and corroded. I made those connections good again, works a treat now. Only thing is... I purchased a replacement speedo as ECU was reporting can-bus errors and although thoroughly checked all the connectors, I didn't fully unwrap the loom to find these connections. So I've got a speedo that will be going on eBay if Fowlers Parts won't take it back. DOH!

Moral of the story, if you have issues where it won't start intermittently or speedo / tacho issues, and both the manual and really helpful folks on here (especially Ken/DEcosse) tell you to check the integrity of the wiring loom, don't just check connectors and switches you can see, under that wrapping on the loom, there are joins where wires go from 1 to 2 or 1 to many, these little crimps were corroded on mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20180523_114207456_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180523_114207456_HDR.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 44
Back