So what have you fettled on that Rocket lately?

I like the knee pads but I am not sure if they would suit my Silver GT. They look great on the RED and the BLACK but not sure if they would suit the bike.

It would be great to have the option of the Union Flag (without the fade) and put it on the Silver (white and red) GT.

LaMonster Garage 'tank pad' decals, of course.
DSC02783.jpg

Breaker Switch on the battery negative lead - I buy those from Twin Motorcycles in the Netherlands. It saves you having to disconnect the battery whenever you need to fiddle on the elec-trickery. I had to move some solenoids out the way to make it all fit.
DSC02779.jpg

Triumph badge on the mud catcher. I dremelled the catch and hinge off and planted it with 3M® VHB double-sided tape. It won't come off.
DSC02752.jpg

SAE Connector for the battery tender.
DSC02780.jpg

Headlight Protectors.
DSC02756.jpg

PowerBronze® fender extender - still 'work-in-progress'. I first slop them on with a LOT of good-quality silicone, seal all the open edges and allow it to cure for at least four days. Clean it thoroughly (also with alcohol) just before attaching it and clamp it for at least the first 24 hours. I will clean off the excess silicone next and add some plastic rivets.
DSC02782.jpg

Is it only mine's front wheel that is offset to the front mudguard - to the left when I stand in front of it?
DSC02775.jpg
Mine is exactly the same. Don't know why!

I've seen these of course and are exactly what I am looking for but the clean version.

However:
1 - They appear to be faded or "dated for effect" (looking for something fresh and modern of exactly this style, shape)
2 - I've not seen what they look like on a silver GT

All 2020's and 2021's are. This was discussed and explained in earlier posts but I don't recall the reasoning the fender is offset but it is in fact intentional.:thumbsup:
I just remembered Dr. D stated the tire and wheel are offset not the fender and it's by design. Someone will chime in and be of more assistance.

Last edited:
The fender is centered but the wheel is offset for handling and bike balance.
I've taken a closer look. The front-wheel spacers seem to be similar in width, but there is a pronounced collar on the lefthand side of the wheel hub, effectively orienting the rim towards the right of the bike centreline through the steering-head. The brake-calliper and ABS-sensor mountings on the front forks have been adjusted accordingly to accommodate this offset. Adjusting the mudguard to suit that would have been immediately apparent and would have looked plain wrong, so they made it wider and flatter. The same applies to the rear wheel, but it was easier to conceal than at the front. If I stand 4-5 yards (meters) away at the back of the bike, I can clearly see the tyre's centre not lining up with the centre of the tank-strap and steering-head - offset likewise to the right. Triumph obviously had good reason (or only option) - weight/geometry/dynamics - to offset the bike centreline to the left of the wheel centreline. First time I have noticed something like that. But it obviously works in this instance.

I wonder of the Rocket III models feature a similar 'design anomaly', if you can call it that?

Lamonster knee pads look fine apart from being incorrectly designed. The pair are not a true reflection of the Union Flag - the handing is wrong. Think this may have been mentioned elsewhere on another thread.

Denali® Mini Sound Bomb replacing that ridiculous bicycle horn.
DSC02746.jpg

DSC02747.jpg
Hi, what about amps for the denali? Was the horn terminals enough amps for it or do you needed to connect it directly to the battery?

Hi, what about amps for the denali? Was the horn terminals enough amps for it or do you needed to connect it directly to the battery?
It only pulls 5 amps. You do not need to connect it directly to the battery or to use a relay.

You will need to make up two male-female cable 'extensions', about 12 cm (4.75") long each, 18/20 AWG. 18 AWG is better. The Triumph cables are pretty short, and space is tight in there. It is better to reuse the Triumph horn bracket - the Denali® brackets are cr4p. Replace the grommet with a stainless steel mudguard washer. Bend it roughly as per the following photos, sand off the loose paint (from bending and clamping it) and recoat it in rattle-can satin black. Trial-fit it first, though. It must not touch the engine - the engine heat will kill the horn. It will just about touch the fan shroud, though - no problem with that. Like I said, it is a tight fit. I added a bit of insulation tape not to have too much silver in there - put a dab of silicone on the end of the insulation tape to prevent it from coming off later when you wash the bike. You will also need to bend the horn's connections somewhat - just visible on one of the photos. The dimensions are 25, 11 & 19 - my writing is atrocious. The 19 mm is roughly from the centre of the hole to the first bend.

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

Back