Size matters ?

Frocket

.020 Over
Ride
2013 R3R
Hello blokes, I am looking to go dark but want to know if the 225/55 16 and the 245/50 16 both fit under the fender. I had a 240/55 16 Bridgee on but it was stuffing up my odo readings.
Thanks in up front for any info.

225/55 16 definitely fits and will give the most accurate speedo reading.
It is the most popular size, for those who post, anyway..

hey Frocket, Hanso runs a 245. Looks huge but fits, although I know he had some issues with a different brand rubbing on his tow bar wiring (I think). I'm sure he'll hop in and tell you soon - it's his favourite subject....;)

And tqbrown - yours is a touring I recall. You need to be sure to specify (and/or put that in your profile info on the left) or you might get a steer towards the wrong size.

I'm running a 245 on my R3R. Looks like a drag bike. No rubbing. Not much change in the handling. Stops on a dime though.

The Toyo 245/55/16 will rub on the inside of the guard if you don't have your Suspencion firm enought (tore some of the wiring out under the guard when I didn't have the shocks wound up to allow for pillion and trailer), I am running a 245/50/16 now and don't have any issues anymore, I also jacked up the rear by putting 20mm longer Hagons on which also improved the handling by making it steer a bit faster

Back