Simple Slip-on Behind RHS OEM Sheild?

kaivalagi

Supercharged
Ride
Tiger Explorer (2015-White)/R3R (2013-Red Stripe)
Hi all,

I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific to my question...

As much as I would love a custom 3 into 1 header and silencer setup similar to what Paul is knocking out I just can't afford it right now...but I have had enough of the OEM trumpets and want to reveal the rear of the bike tastefully but on the cheap for now.

In theory I could fit a simple stainless stubby can on the end of the OEM header pipe and use the existing RH shroud/shield to give a clean look. I've seen similar with the XB08 thing but I want to do it with a more open baffleless generic can you would find on a sports bike...

Has anyone done it before? Any pics?
Any suggestion on a sensible can with the correct sizing to fit well?
Would it need a small link pipe to place a can in the correct place?

I assume there would be a TuneECU map out there which would match well enough for this with or without a ramair conversion too?

I'll look into making the spacer for the LHS after removing that mount...assuming this is doable...

Any pointers would be very much appreciated :)

Hi all,

I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific to my question...

As much as I would love a custom 3 into 1 header and silencer setup similar to what Paul is knocking out I just can't afford it right now...but I have had enough of the OEM trumpets and want to reveal the rear of the bike tastefully but on the cheap for now.

In theory I could fit a simple stainless stubby can on the end of the OEM header pipe and use the existing RH shroud/shield to give a clean look. I've seen similar with the XB08 thing but I want to do it with a more open baffleless generic can you would find on a sports bike...

Has anyone done it before? Any pics?
Any suggestion on a sensible can with the correct sizing to fit well?
Would it need a small link pipe to place a can in the correct place?

I assume there would be a TuneECU map out there which would match well enough for this with or without a ramair conversion too?

I'll look into making the spacer for the LHS after removing that mount...assuming this is doable...

Any pointers would be very much appreciated :)
Contact @laraza - he has done just that pretty much for the same reasons.

A friend has one similar to this
Helix 22" Megaphone Slip-On Exhaust | MotoSport
It fits well, and sounds good. With no intake mods, he didn't have to retune the ECU. I've ridden the bike, and it has good power, and no decel popping.
Thanks but I'm not interested in megaphone type exhausts, I want something short and sweet...e.g.
Triumph-Rocket-3-exhaust-XB-Extremeblaster-tunable-pipe-_1.jpg

But using something like this:
51mm-Motorcycle-Shorty-Carbon-Fiber-Stubby-Exhaust-Muffler.jpg

Contact @laraza - he has done just that pretty much for the same reasons.
Thanks, I've pinged laraza a message :)

Last edited:
Well I have a solution to my liking now and will post a new thread on it once I am happy with the map and running of the bike...it should be something others can get from the UK in due course...more to follow

Every penny you spend on other trinkets the more you're pulling out of the Viking Exhaust Fund.... SAVE UP! :D

The header will open the power up!:thumbsup:

Yeah but I got a good 'experimental' deal, I'm happy with the sound, the looks, the access to the rear wheel, and the heat shields (still well covered OEM) and let's be fair the bike never had power issues :)

I will go full system at some point for sure, the bike deserves it, ideally when there is a solution with bolt on heat shields out there (like OEM headers)....ram air will likely be next for performance though...probably at the end of the year with the suspension if I can raise the funds...better handling and less bouncy bouncy bouncy would be helpful :)

Out of curiosity are there any power/torque comparisons between a rocket fitted with ram air and tors/outlaws with straight through cross over versus ram air and full system such as Viking or CES? I would expect the ram air would have a much better performance gain than anything?

Last edited:
Back