Shoutout for Marlin Clocks

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
Highly recommend the bar-mounted analog clock and temperature units from Marlin Clocks.

I think they have a sale on right now.

I've been through several attempts to have a working clock on the Touring, perhaps a bit more stylish and one that did not require me take my eyes off the road in order to look down at the Touring tank-mounted instrument cluster. And maybe I even have to find the info scroll button with my right thumb, and click it a few times to get to the time display, all the while, stealing precious attention from maintaining positive control.

I found an OEM Triumph clock, and it was DOA, and apparently not easily repaired.

I ordered a clock through Harley accessories, and that one too was bad.

I ordered a Marlin clock and temperature gauge, had problems with the clock from the start.

Unlike the previous vendors, a rep from Marlin worked with me all through the fall, finally sending me a replacement. That one is keeping excellent time -- and of course, now needs to be adjusted ahead an hour.

Clock-temp_Marlin_20200307.jpg

They look nice, but WOW!
Harley prices also. :eek: :rolleyes:

Clocks cause stress. 29 years glued to the clock was enough for me!
I do carry a temp gauge on the bars that has worked for 5 or 6 years.
Nice to know that when I am feeling too hot, tis over 100º.

Last edited:
I keep telling myself to get a clock on the bars as I find trying to look at my wrist watch with jacket and gloves on is a real PITA and not having any hands on the bars is not that good of a look.

But then I think again I will get to were I'm going when I get there. If I'm early if I'm late it doesn't matter as long as i get there.

But a temperature gauge Now that would be nice.

Now that I'm retired, I rarely even know the date or day of the week it is, lol.
just like me never know if its monday thursday or what its always day 1 of work up to day 14 of work (supposed to be 14 days on 14 days off going on 23 on 2 off another 14? today is day 2off back to work mon. night

Back