winter handguards for 06

Well, the temps have ok for the last few weeks so I have been riding with the barkbusters and going fine. Last few nights have dipped into the mid30s and I can really appreciate the HippoHands. After about 30 minutes into my ride, my fingers still start to go numb and by the time I get to work at least one of them hurts. My only complaint is that the mirrors are just in the wrong spot and to get the best coverage I have to remove the barkbuster covers. But it looks like the highs will be in the 60s and I am heading home in the dark as well so I may just remove the mirrors and the covers to stay warm a bit longer.

Attachments

• 2023-11-12 16.24.32.jpg
    2023-11-12 16.24.32.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-11-12 16.24.23.jpg
    2023-11-12 16.24.23.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-11-12 16.22.51.jpg
    2023-11-12 16.22.51.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 14
Be careful without barkbusters or something similar, the wind drag could cause your brake and/or clutch levers to drag.
PS: consider heated gloves, in combination with the hippohands, I used to ride down into the teens and never get cold.

Be careful without barkbusters or something similar, the wind drag could cause your brake and/or clutch levers to drag.
PS: consider heated gloves, in combination with the hippohands, I used to ride down into the teens and never get cold.
I have them adjusted so they are nowhere near the levers. So dragging shouldnt be a problem. As for heated gloves, they are too expensive for me right now. Gloves, plugs, and harness is just too much right now.

I ride year-round and found with my first set of battery gloves (most are lithium nowadays), when I REALLY needed them (sub 20* temps) they didn't work/shut off. Called Gerbing and they said, "Yeah they're not meant to be used that low". WTF? You can also try adjusting your Barkbuster a little. I leave mine a little loose so I can adjust on the fly. When my fingers start getting numb, I move them down a bit 'cause I find that it's my fingers sticking below the handlebar that gets the coldest.

I now use battery operated gloves and they work real good last bout 6-8 hrs on low and no wires to worry about
Which ones do you use?
I ride year-round and found with my first set of battery gloves (most are lithium nowadays), when I REALLY needed them (sub 20* temps) they didn't work/shut off. Called Gerbing and they said, "Yeah they're not meant to be used that low". WTF? You can also try adjusting your Barkbuster a little. I leave mine a little loose so I can adjust on the fly. When my fingers start getting numb, I move them down a bit 'cause I find that it's my fingers sticking below the handlebar that gets the coldest.
They are single point mount so they have some wiggle room. I have moved them a bit with the Hippo Hands on and found a happy spot. The issue I have is that they are open at the end and bulged out because the mirrors. I wouldnt mind spending the $ on battery-heated gloves but the cheap ones are inserts (and there isnt room in the winter gloves I have) or they are substantially expensive.

Which ones do you use?

They are single point mount so they have some wiggle room. I have moved them a bit with the Hippo Hands on and found a happy spot. The issue I have is that they are open at the end and bulged out because the mirrors. I wouldnt mind spending the $ on battery-heated gloves but the cheap ones are inserts (and there isnt room in the winter gloves I have) or they are substantially expensive.
I will let u know when I get back home this weekend

Battery costs add up, wiring up a socket is maybe a 15 minute job, I never considered batteries. I thought I still had a set I was going to send you, but apparently I got rid of both sets when I moved to Florida. If they turn up I'll let you know.

Battery costs add up, wiring up a socket is maybe a 15 minute job, I never considered batteries. I thought I still had a set I was going to send you, but apparently I got rid of both sets when I moved to Florida. If they turn up I'll let you know.
I have been into the R/C hobby for a bit over 20 years now and have a ton of different-sized batteries lying around. I was considering wiring them up for a lipo battery I can charge every day or two. What gets me is the cost of the wired gloves and then the cost of the wiring and/or the controller.

Back