winter handguards for 06

verticalspark

.060 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Alight, I have spent my fair share of time riding in sub-freezing temperatures in Colorado on my Vstrom. But now that I am back in the South, even with my insulated gloves, anything below 40, and my fingers are killing me before I get to work. I have enough gear to keep me nice and toasty well into the negatives, but my hands have always been a problem.

I have been looking at adding the single-point Barkbusters Storm, but I don't think they will be enough with a 40+ min ride in each direction. I then started to look at the Barkbusters Universal Blizzard Handguards to cover my hands completely while I am riding. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these when paired with insulated gloves? I have dealt with heated gloves and grips in the past, but with no wind protection, they still quickly sh*t the bed once the temps are below freezing.

Adam

I had them on a couple bikes when I lived in Buffalo, gave them away when I moved to Florida, they work great
I still have a first year issued pair....won't ever part with them....just in case i ever ride in that white stuff again.....

Hippohands, I almost bought that company when the original owner sold it 8 or 10 years ago.
Any of the models that you recommend? Mind you, I am not running in snow/sub-freezing temps anymore, just cold enough to keep the fingers frozen after 40 minutes of riding. The backcountry looks to be exactly what I am looking for.

I don't remember, it was a long time ago, they only had one model, just different configurations for different bikes

Hippohands picture
Screenshot_20230916_220409_Facebook.jpg

The originals had a single front seam, and the second series had a dual 3" wide front panel, both with a full 90 degree bend, they were both lined with a white phony sheepskin like lining......they were a godsend back in the day of not being able to afford both a bike and a car......

Back